What is the best way to Travel Internationally with the M8 (Sprint)?

FSUMario

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Travel Internationally with the M8 (Sprint)

I am going to be travelling to the Bahamas in a few weeks. What would be the best way to use my phone over there without roaming the entire time on Sprint's network/.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Travel Internationally with the M8 (Sprint)

check with Sprint to make sure your M8 is unlocked and will accept a local prepaid SIM card. turn off mobile data and your phone when you board the plane. then buy a local carrier prepaid SIM card when you get to the Bahamas at the airport or local store and install/use while you're there.

have fun and good luck!

phones

jaytee

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site

I recently travelled to Italy with my Sprint M8 (unlocked) and no trouble with a local SIM card. Other than understanding the guy in the cell phone store ;-)

You can pick up a cheap SIM right in the arrival hall in Nassau or Freeport.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

An easier solution might be to check with Sprint if they have a reasonable international roaming plan for the period you're away.

Posted via the Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

An easier solution might be to check with Sprint if they have a reasonable international roaming plan for the period you're away.

Posted via the Android Central App

From my research I've found that international roaming is almost always significantly more expensive than buying a prepaid SIM. Especially if you want to do data, the roaming rates are basically robbery.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I recently travelled to Italy with my Sprint M8 (unlocked) and no trouble with a local SIM card. Other than understanding the guy in the cell phone store ;-)

You can pick up a cheap SIM right in the arrival hall in Nassau or Freeport.

Oh nice, I'm going to Italy over my Thanksgiving break this year, might I ask how much you paid and for what (Data, voice,text allotment) for your SIM?

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

From my research I've found that international roaming is almost always significantly more expensive than buying a prepaid SIM. Especially if you want to do data, the roaming rates are basically robbery.

I pay exactly zero for international data roaming and $0.20/minute for calls, while outside the USA, or zero/minute if on WiFi.

My point was, no one even suggested the OP could simply roam. The responses made it sound like SIM swapping was the only option.

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I pay exactly zero for international data roaming and $0.20/minute for calls, while outside the USA, or zero/minute if on WiFi.

My point was, no one even suggested the OP could simply roam. The responses made it sound like SIM swapping was the only option.

What carrier are you on?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

my point was OP is on Sprint.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

my point was OP is on Sprint.

Maybe Sprint offers something for roaming the OP finds enticing. My point is all the responses made it sound like SIM swap was his only option. It's not.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Maybe Sprint offers something for roaming the OP finds enticing. My point is all the responses made it sound like SIM swap was his only option. It's not.

what???

OP asked for the "best option". International Roaming on the Sprint network is not the best option. GET IT? we're all ten steps ahead of you.

Sprint
International Roaming in Bahamas
Pricing Information International Dialing
Voice Pricing: $3.49/minute
Special Voice Pricing: $1.29/min. with SWW Voice add-on
Data Pricing: 1X/EV Data: $0.005/KB; GPRS Data: $0.019/KB
Text Pricing: Send: $0.50/recipient; Received: $0.05/msg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member