07-13-2020 05:28 AM
48 12
tools
    Please let us know if you come accross something!
    11-05-2014 02:00 AM
    I did some more research yesterday. Apparently a fix for some people has been to change their wifi connections to *not* be mobile hotspots. None of mine were so that trick didn't work for me.

Another thing people have noticed is that the back up to google drive hangs when backing up photos and the fix for that is to install the Google Camera app and take one photo with it (??). I tried that yesterday but no luck.

Back to the drawing board!
    11-07-2014 01:15 AM
    I don't have hotspots either.

I thought HTC backup doesn't do photos etc? At least the release notes in Play Store say so.
    11-07-2014 03:23 AM
    I just installed a HTC service pack that came available to my M8 through Play Store. As always it only says "bug fixes" under release notes. HTC Backup app is now listed in the apps menu under the "all apps" tab, not under the "Downloaded" tab. I *think* it was on the "Downloaded" tab before. Can anyone verify that before installing the service pack, and note the version number? My HTC Backup app is now on 4.0.798020.
    11-07-2014 05:11 AM
    I just installed a HTC service pack that came available to my M8 through Play Store. As always it only says "bug fixes" under release notes. HTC Backup app is now listed in the apps menu under the "all apps" tab, not under the "Downloaded" tab. I *think* it was on the "Downloaded" tab before. Can anyone verify that before installing the service pack, and note the version number? My HTC Backup app is now on 4.0.798020.
    That is what mine is on now, and it's back to working great. Backing up every day.
    11-07-2014 10:59 AM
    That is what mine is on now, and it's back to working great. Backing up every day.
    Has it been on this version, since you got your Sprint 4.4.4 update? Or did you get a HTC service pack today too? I'd like to establish if this service pack did an upgrade to HTC Backup or not.
    11-07-2014 03:22 PM
    No this version was here before the service pack update, which I just downloaded and installed. I think this version came with the 4.4.4 update.......
    11-07-2014 03:40 PM
    A few days after the HTC Service Pack, I decided to try gdrive as storage again, and a backup was succesful. I don't know if it was the HTC Service Pack that changed something, or th succesful backup to dropbox that did it, or something else. But it works to google drive now. However, it similarly skips the 60%-100% in the counter.
    11-10-2014 09:56 AM
    A few days after the HTC Service Pack, I decided to try gdrive as storage again, and a backup was succesful. I don't know if it was the HTC Service Pack that changed something, or th succesful backup to dropbox that did it, or something else. But it works to google drive now. However, it similarly skips the 60%-100% in the counter.
    Pretty sure it was the service pack that did it. It's almost always skipped the last 30%, at least since I've been using it back in the EVO 4G LTE days, and it still restored both of my phone completely. It even set my M8 up from the EVO back up including my favorite EVO wallpaper, which wasn't available on the M8....
    11-10-2014 02:23 PM
    Thanks. Would be nice if this was actually a bug fixed.
    11-10-2014 03:44 PM
    My HTC Backup version is 4.0.7974548. Unfortunately I am on the M7 and can't see where to update/reinstall this app (it is set to update automatically), and according to play store I have the latest service pack too. I pulled down 4.4.4 a few days ago but that hasn't fixed it - I still can't back up to Google Drive and I have the same issue as deechte when backing up to dropbox where it joyfully omits the last ~40% of the backup.
    11-12-2014 01:19 AM
    My HTC Backup version is 4.0.7974548. Unfortunately I am on the M7 and can't see where to update/reinstall this app (it is set to update automatically), and according to play store I have the latest service pack too. I pulled down 4.4.4 a few days ago but that hasn't fixed it - I still can't back up to Google Drive and I have the same issue as deechte when backing up to dropbox where it joyfully omits the last ~40% of the backup.
    I back up to Dorpbox and it's always skipped the last 40%, but it's always restored completely.....
    11-12-2014 08:05 AM
    When one backs up, do you see the file at dropbox or Google Drive?

I have the backup and it appears to be working... yet I can't see the back up file at Google Drive...

Lego
    11-12-2014 09:33 AM
    When one backs up, do you see the file at dropbox or Google Drive?

I have the backup and it appears to be working... yet I can't see the back up file at Google Drive...

Lego
    I cannot see any files on gdrive, but I can on dropbox. But that is normal.
    11-12-2014 10:59 AM
    I'm on Version 4.0.798020 and it's still not working for me. I haven't tried backing up to DropBox yet though.

EDIT: Worked with DropBox without a hitch.

EDIT2: Switched back to Google Drive and it's working.
    11-12-2014 03:01 PM
    I'm on Version 4.0.798020 and it's still not working for me. I haven't tried backing up to DropBox yet though.

EDIT: Worked with DropBox without a hitch.

EDIT2: Switched back to Google Drive and it's working.
    That's exactly my experience...
    11-13-2014 07:08 AM
    Do you see the file on Google Drive?

If so, how is it labeled?

I get "success" when I back up to Google Drive, I just don't see the file on Google drive...

What am I missing?
    11-13-2014 10:25 AM
    Do you see the file on Google Drive?

If so, how is it labeled?

I get "success" when I back up to Google Drive, I just don't see the file on Google drive...

What am I missing?
    It's kind of obfuscated and even after finding what seems to be the backup you can't see which files have been backed up.

Here's how you can (kind of) see the backup:

In Google Drives settings menu choose the Managing Apps option and you should see an entry called "HTC Services." You can either disconnect from HTC Services or delete the hidden app data.

I guess Google have hidden the data for security purposes, but if someone gains access to your Google Drive data they probably already have access to your Google account, which makes the obfuscation pointless. I'm not too worried about the reasons why the backup is hidden as long as I can successfully restore my device from it.
    11-14-2014 12:09 PM
    It's kind of obfuscated and even after finding what seems to be the backup you can't see which files have been backed up.

Here's how you can (kind of) see the backup:

In Google Drives settings menu choose the Managing Apps option and you should see an entry called "HTC Services." You can either disconnect from HTC Services or delete the hidden app data.

I guess Google have hidden the data for security purposes, but if someone gains access to your Google Drive data they probably already have access to your Google account, which makes the obfuscation pointless. I'm not too worried about the reasons why the backup is hidden as long as I can successfully restore my device from it.
    Ok.... I see the HTC Services.... Just wonder of there is anyway to unhide the file or folder.....
    11-14-2014 12:21 PM
    Ok.... I see the HTC Services.... Just wonder of there is anyway to unhide the file or folder.....
    You can't unfortunately

From what I know anyway.
    11-14-2014 12:45 PM
    Changing storage from google drive to dropbox helped me as well. Thanks
    11-25-2015 12:12 AM
    For what is worth... Was getting the same error, changing backup server didn't help. I couldn't update the HTC backup app either (was giving me an error, I think 504). So, just de-installed it and install the newest version, and everything works fine now!
    12-01-2015 10:30 PM
    What worked for me was...
    when I went to settings> accounts and sync >HTC account was missing in the list
    I tapped + symbol at the top > HTC account and then I tapped "Sign in with Google"
    Then HTC account showed up in the list
    Then back to settings> backup and reset>backup now
    And it finally worked
    Hope this helps someone
    mwake4goten likes this.
    07-13-2020 05:28 AM
48 12