HTC Backup not working

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you see the file on Google Drive?

If so, how is it labeled?

I get "success" when I back up to Google Drive, I just don't see the file on Google drive...

What am I missing?

yassarikhan786

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you see the file on Google Drive?

If so, how is it labeled?

I get "success" when I back up to Google Drive, I just don't see the file on Google drive...

What am I missing?

It's kind of obfuscated and even after finding what seems to be the backup you can't see which files have been backed up.

Here's how you can (kind of) see the backup:

In Google Drives settings menu choose the Managing Apps option and you should see an entry called "HTC Services." You can either disconnect from HTC Services or delete the hidden app data.

I guess Google have hidden the data for security purposes, but if someone gains access to your Google Drive data they probably already have access to your Google account, which makes the obfuscation pointless. I'm not too worried about the reasons why the backup is hidden as long as I can successfully restore my device from it.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It's kind of obfuscated and even after finding what seems to be the backup you can't see which files have been backed up.

Here's how you can (kind of) see the backup:

In Google Drives settings menu choose the Managing Apps option and you should see an entry called "HTC Services." You can either disconnect from HTC Services or delete the hidden app data.

I guess Google have hidden the data for security purposes, but if someone gains access to your Google Drive data they probably already have access to your Google account, which makes the obfuscation pointless. I'm not too worried about the reasons why the backup is hidden as long as I can successfully restore my device from it.

Ok.... I see the HTC Services.... Just wonder of there is anyway to unhide the file or folder.....

edusson

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
For what is worth... Was getting the same error, changing backup server didn't help. I couldn't update the HTC backup app either (was giving me an error, I think 504). So, just de-installed it and install the newest version, and everything works fine now!

Paul P4

Jul 13, 2020
Visit site
What worked for me was...
when I went to settings> accounts and sync >HTC account was missing in the list
I tapped + symbol at the top > HTC account and then I tapped "Sign in with Google"
Then HTC account showed up in the list
Then back to settings> backup and reset>backup now
And it finally worked
Hope this helps someone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan