Wi-Fi Assistance Please

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I am having an issue this morning and hoping someone can assist.

I work in a public safety building and we have a public access wi-fi but need a username and password to log in, However this is the first day back since the lastest software update and I am trying to connect to the internet. It sees the wi-fi but when it says that I need to enter info to connect to it. I click on the screen and it goes to a screen that says to enter my info to connect but nothing is there to enter into.

Any ideas?

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone? I have shut off, restarted the phone nothing. Tried to forget the network. No change. It wants to connect but wont let me type in anything.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I work in a public safety building and we have a public access wi-fi but need a username and password to log in, However this is the first day back since the lastest software update and I am trying to connect to the internet. It sees the wi-fi but when it says that I need to enter info to connect to it. I click on the screen and it goes to a screen that says to enter my info to connect but nothing is there to enter into.
Are you saying you've connected to that network before with that phone - pre-update? Did if give you the same screen, but with an entry area in the white box before with that phone? Anything like a wifi symbol with a red explanation mark appear at the top bar of the phone?

If you go into wifi settings on the phone, and select advanced do you have checks in Show Wi-Fi pop-up, Wi-Fi optimization, or Open hotsport sign-in pages automatically?

In the wifi screen that shows wifi networks have you clicked scan, and tried to select it there? (What encryption method does it say that network is secured with?)

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes I connected to it everyday before the update. I keep my wi-fi on and when I would enter the building it would see the network and pop up the WiFi symbol with the explanation mark and I would pull down and click on it to enter my username and password in the screen and it would be good to go. Now the symbols are there but when the screen opens the picture i posted earlier is what I see.

How do I get it to come back to the screen to enter. I click all around today's screen and nothing. Doesn't make sense.

No I do not have the pop-up selected. But do have the optimization and sign-in auto.

As for encryption. I do not know. Its a city government building and this is a public access that people use daily and are given the access to.

Thank you for responding.

Hughey79

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Well sorry for being a pain in the rear here. I went in and clicked off the hot spot and went back out. Then turned off wifi and then toggled it back on and then it was there.

Thank you!!!