One thing I love about my m8 is the snappy-ness of the UI. However, I feel like the Messages app is progressively loading slower for me.
    For example: when I open the app, it opens instantly, but displays "NO MESSAGES FOUND" for a couple seconds before my threads display.

I know complaining about something as small as a couple seconds is petty, but it is very noticeable for me, especially when I'm trying to do something in a hurry.

I assume the likely cause is a bloated mailbox. Is there a quick fix to this small issue other than deleting old messages? If not, is there a good way to archive conversations to my SD card or something?

Thanks for the help!

JD
    09-15-2014 03:13 PM
    You can try clearing the cache for the messaging app. Go to settings > apps > all > (your SMS app of choice) and tap the clear cache button. NOT clear data, as that will delete all of your threads.
    For backups, you can try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....smssync&hl=en
    You can try clearing the cache for the messaging app. Go to settings > apps > all > (your SMS app of choice) and tap the clear cache button. NOT clear data, as that will delete all of your threads.
    For backups, you can try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....smssync&hl=en
    09-15-2014 03:37 PM
    Clearing the cache didn't make a difference. I'll check out your other suggestion.

Thanks for the reply.

JD
    09-15-2014 04:27 PM
    09-15-2014 06:03 PM
    One thing I love about my m8 is the snappy-ness of the UI. However, I feel like the Messages app is progressively loading slower for me.
    For example: when I open the app, it opens instantly, but displays "NO MESSAGES FOUND" for a couple seconds before my threads display.
    JD
    Are you using EPS when that occurs? Are you using the default message app, or a different one (ex: Verizon Messages+ or Google HangOuts)?

Are there any large picture files anyone has messaged you?
    09-15-2014 06:17 PM
    Are you using EPS when that occurs? Are you using the default message app, or a different one (ex: Verizon Messages+ or Google HangOuts)?

Are there any large picture files anyone has messaged you?
    I use the standard HTC messages app, and yes, I have received several large texts. I would prefer not to have to delete old messages too
    09-16-2014 04:43 PM
    I agree with one of the others, try textra. It is the sms app I have used most consistently for a long time now. I've tried a few others at times but none are as fast, smooth, snappy and bug free.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-16-2014 06:17 PM
    I've noticed mine does this for a split second on opening the app when it's not already in memory. I think it's down to the number of messages you have as I've only recently started noticing it as the number of messages have built up. Thankfully only a split second for me so just putting up with it for now

Posted via Android Central App
    09-17-2014 08:47 AM