HTC One M8 Eye - 13mp duo camera. Who's getting one?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC One M8 Eye with 13-megapixel Duo Camera and HTC Eye with 5.2-inch 1080p display to launch Oct. 8 : PERSONAL TECH : Tech Times

Rumours of the October 8 event to have two new phone releases from HTC, the HTC One M8 Eye and the HTC Eye.

the HTC One M8 Eye will have a 13mp camera (instead of the 4mp ultrapixel camera) and it seems the rest of the device will be exactly the same as the current HTC One M8.

The HTC Eye is supposed to have a 5.2" 1080p screen along with 8mp back and front facing cameras - targeting serial selfie snappers.

Anyone interested in either device? I kinda wish the One M8 Eye would have a 13mp camera for regular outdoor, large landscape shots, but then also the 4mp ultrapixel camera for me to take in low light/night shots with. Also a bump up to 5.2" screen like the HTC Eye is getting would be nice.

Though I'm confused as to why HTC are making so many models of their phones. There's the One M8, One E8, One Remix and now the One M8 Eye and the HTC Eye. It's diluting the brand for marginal differences between their phones. Surely this One M8 Eye and HTC Eye could have been combined into one device by having the 8mp front facing camera, 13mp rear facing camera and screen size increased to 5.2"?

Though nothing is confirmed and this is just a rumour at this point, I might be interested in the One M8 Eye (god I hate that name) if the camera is excellent. Would be a shame to drop the ultra pixel camera though.

BigCTM

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
This phone released today is not an improved M8. It is actually a cheaper phone and not the quality of the M8.

shenfrey

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, the EYE looks like it's going to be a great phone, however is not and upgrade to the M8. I'm certain we'll see an M9 early next year.

What makes it cheaper? I mean to me it DOES look like an upgrade, as it is rumored to be the same phone but with a better camera.

shenfrey

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Plastic, smaller battery, single rear camera. All downgrades

My M8 posted this

I hear what your saying, but going from Metal to Plastic isn't necessarily a 'downgrade' because that is more of a personal choice. Much like the iPhone 5c, it adds consumer choice and colour. The smaller battery seems a bit strange, though I have yet to see how it holds up to the M8. The single rear camera is a downgrade yes, but only if you use the effects the Duo camera was made for. Otherwise, this is an HTC One M8, with a better cameras and is waterproof. To me they sound all like upgrades.

EDIT: The Eye seems to have lost the front facing speakers, this could be a big turn off for some people, and I can most certainly class this as a downgrade, providing they have indeed lost boom sound.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I hear what your saying, but going from Metal to Plastic isn't necessarily a 'downgrade' because that is more of a personal choice. Much like the iPhone 5c, it adds consumer choice and colour. The smaller battery seems a bit strange, though I have yet to see how it holds up to the M8. The single rear camera is a downgrade yes, but only if you use the effects the Duo camera was made for. Otherwise, this is an HTC One M8, with a better cameras and is waterproof. To me they sound all like upgrades.

EDIT: The Eye seems to have lost the front facing speakers, this could be a big turn off for some people, and I can most certainly class this as a downgrade, providing they have indeed lost boom sound.

The camera isn't an upgrade, I'll take bigger pixels over more pixels anyday

My M8 posted this

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The camera isn't an upgrade, I'll take bigger pixels over more pixels anyday

My M8 posted this

It's so true about the larger pixels, but HTC can't optimize either camera experience whether mega pixels or Ultra pixels! They're camera software engineers are crap. The ultra pixel should have been bumped up to 6 with the M8!

Posted via the Android Central App

crawfojj

May 8, 2012
Visit site
The HTC Desire Eye does have front facing speakers, but they aren't as good as the M8's according to the reviews I've read. They did a pretty good job of hiding them since you have to look closely at the pictures to really see them.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I think some people are confusing the new plastic E8 for the announced M8 Eye. The M8 Eye is supposedly exactly the same as the M8 with a better camera.

I'm a little annoyed as I've said from the start the M8 is a great phone but the camera lets it down. I would happily choose the 13mp camera over a flawed 4mp 'ultra' pixel camera.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the camera in the M8 is great! Takes beautiful pictures. Does what it was designed for and that's to view the pictures on a cell phone, tablet, or PC screen. Nearly every forum for every cell phone has a debate going on about the pros and cons of the various cameras included with their respective phones. I think what such people really want is a camera that can text, surf the web, play videos, oh and maybe actually make a phone call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol