Update dilemma; what to do here?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
So I have two phones with Verizon, one that can be updated now and the other next August.
I have an M7 that I can upgrade to an M8 right now virtually for free (as I would sell the old one on Ebay for at least $100, which is the cost of the new M8 with 2 year contract).

However, if I do that, I wont be able to get another upgrade until next August, I imagine the M9 will come out before then.

So, just hold on to my M7 and use my next upgrade on an M9 (although my M7 will continue to depreciate) or, sell my M7 for top dollar now, upgrade to the M8 and just wait on the M9/deal with it then?

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
So I have two phones with Verizon, one that can be updated now and the other next August.
I have an M7 that I can upgrade to an M8 right now virtually for free (as I would sell the old one on Ebay for at least $100, which is the cost of the new M8 with 2 year contract).
So, just hold on to my M7 and use my next upgrade on an M9 (although my M7 will continue to depreciate) or, sell my M7 for top dollar now, upgrade to the M8 and just wait on the M9/deal with it then?
Who knows when the m9 will come out, and how much of a change it will be from the m8. When the m9 comes out it may be priced at $299 or $199, and may not be a good price to performance ratio. You may find out when the m9 comes out that its size, shape, weight, or features aren't as appealing as those same properties on the m8. How is your m7 holding up? If you're having issues with your m7 then it would probably be a good time to upgrade, but if you're happy with the current performance of your m7 you could hold off for a little while. Not long ago m8's on Verizon were $49, and if you wait a little while (one more week?) they may go back down to that price again.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Who knows when the m9 will come out, and how much of a change it will be from the m8. When the m9 comes out it may be priced at $299 or $199, and may not be a good price to performance ratio. You may find out when the m9 comes out that its size, shape, weight, or features aren't as appealing as those same properties on the m8. How is your m7 holding up? If you're having issues with your m7 then it would probably be a good time to upgrade, but if you're happy with the current performance of your m7 you could hold off for a little while. Not long ago m8's on Verizon were $49, and if you wait a little while (one more week?) they may go back down to that price again.

I hear you but its not really about the money.
Its about using that upgrade.

My M7 has been slow for a while now but I just got a replacement unit as its still under warranty.
I can either use that new (refurbd?) unit, or sell it and keep the proceeds after buying the M8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar