HTC One M8 Receiving calls in LTE mode on Verizon. Anyone else experience this?

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am on Verizon and on 4.2.2 I could use LTE for messages and calls. In 4.2.3 it defaults to Global and when I switched to LTE or LTE/legacy 3GPP mode I could text but not make or receive calls. I am at home on a network extender. It might be due to my network Extender too.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Receiving calls in LTE mode on Verizon

Actually, in the past, you were probably set to LTE/CDMA. You couldn't have made calls over LTE, because Verizon is just starting to roll out Voice Over LTE. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the LTE only selection in Verizon phones that is appearing now is meant for VoLTE, so if you don't have that service yet, you won't be able to make calls if you have it selected. The odd thing here is that LTE/legacy 3GPP should work, since I think legacy 3GPP refers to CDMA. Have you asked Verizon about this?

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site

Since 4.4.3 I've had to use global mode. I thought LTE/3Gpp mode would work, but I haven't had any luck with it.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

Actually, in the past, you were probably set to LTE/CDMA. You couldn't have made calls over LTE, because Verizon is just starting to roll out Voice Over LTE. I'm not entirely sure, but I think the LTE only selection in Verizon phones that is appearing now is meant for VoLTE, so if you don't have that service yet, you won't be able to make calls if you have it selected. The odd thing here is that LTE/legacy 3GPP should work, since I think legacy 3GPP refers to CDMA. Have you asked Verizon about this?

Thank you, I would have never thought that is what LTE is for and they would have a separate setting. I would think LTE would work in both. No biggie, I haven't called Verizon on LTE/legacy 3GPP. Its not a huge deal. I may.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad