I know I have the Polaris Office 5 app on my phone, but no icon in my app drawer for it. I checked to make sure it's not simply hidden from view and it's not. I do see it in the app manager list, but seems the only way I can get to it is to open a file like a PDF or text document and selecting it from the available compatible apps. I tried clearing app data and rebooting the phone to no avail and there's no uninstall update option because there's no earlier version to roll back to. A system cache clearing didn't help either.

On Verizon 4.4.3, but don't recall ever seeing the app available I'm my app drawer, including the factory stock 4.4.2. Am I missing something in trying to fix this, or is it not suppose to be independently accessible?
    09-25-2014 12:53 PM
    I just checked mine and it is doing fine. Icon in on home screen and able to open files as usual. Don't really know what to tell you other than try to re-install. There are people here who surely know much more that I do, just wanted to let you know that mine's not having any problem. On verizon 4.4.3, too.
    09-25-2014 03:55 PM
    I know I have the Polaris Office 5 app on my phone, but no icon in my app drawer for it. I checked to make sure it's not simply hidden from view and it's not. I do see it in the app manager list, but seems the only way I can get to it is to open a file like a PDF or text document and selecting it from the available compatible apps. I tried clearing app data and rebooting the phone to no avail and there's no uninstall update option because there's no earlier version to roll back to. A system cache clearing didn't help either.

On Verizon 4.4.3, but don't recall ever seeing the app available I'm my app drawer, including the factory stock 4.4.2. Am I missing something in trying to fix this, or is it not suppose to be independently accessible?
    Search for it with google search. It'll pop up there. Or you can find it in the app drawer in an alternative launcher.
    Its really weird. Same with the att model.
    09-25-2014 07:12 PM
    Do you have the apps still grouped by category? Sometimes disabling a app and enabling again will make the icon appear
    09-26-2014 05:31 AM
    Do you have the apps still grouped by category? Sometimes disabling a app and enabling again will make the icon appear
    That doesn't work. There's been a thread on this before. If its not in your app drawer already, the only way to find it is to search for it or use a different launcher.

Posted via Android Central App
    09-26-2014 05:59 AM
    That doesn't work. There's been a thread on this before. If its not in your app drawer already, the only way to find it is to search for it or use a different launcher.

Posted via Android Central App
    Yeah a lot has changed in the last few versions. 4.4.3 has a lot code missing and its been a pain to port all the old mods. When L comes along i'm sure it's going to be a much bigger pain unless you are real good with smali
    09-26-2014 08:47 AM
    What you need to do is use a file explorer like ES File Explorer from the Play Store. Install it.
    Then browse to system/priv-app and in there you will find a list of preinstalled apps that do not show up in the app drawer. Scroll down until you find PolarisOffice.apk and click on it and install it. Now you will have the icon in the app drawer. You can experiment with the other stuff at will.
    Mooncatt likes this.
    09-26-2014 09:02 AM
    What you need to do is use a file explorer like ES File Explorer from the Play Store. Install it.
    Then browse to system/priv-app and in there you will find a list of preinstalled apps that do not show up in the app drawer. Scroll down until you find PolarisOffice.apk and click on it and install it. Now you will have the icon in the app drawer. You can experiment with the other stuff at will.
    This worked! Thank you.
    09-26-2014 10:22 AM
    Until you do a reboot and/or restart and it has disappeared again. (at least on my htc one m8 it does)
    09-26-2014 01:10 PM
    Just checked and mine disappeared again too. Oh well, it's rare I'd use it buy now I know how to get to it if needed.
    09-26-2014 01:51 PM
    its an extra step but going to google search and opening it from there works just fine.
    09-26-2014 01:53 PM
    I reboot my phone every day and mine stays in the app drawer???
    Not sure what you issues may be.
    09-27-2014 06:16 PM
    Well, I have tried my best, even installed the ES Task Manager (very handy!), but I cannot find Polaris Office 5 anywhere within apps. Polaris Office itself is there, but not the 5 option. As the tablet offers me both programs separately when opening a document, I assume they are not part of each other. As a result I cannot change much in setting of Polaris 5, which prevents me to se it as a default opening program for some documents. I quite like it but dont want to be limited to it. Any other suggestions?
    03-25-2015 02:57 AM
    Yeah, I don't get why they did this. On my Verizon model, (on 5.0.1), several apps, including HTC Stocks and Voice Recorder, are like this.
    03-25-2015 01:20 PM