Text Messages Not Working 4.4.3

tshirttan408

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So after recently updating I've had a bit of a nightmare after updating to 4.4.3. Not only has my battery life plummeted but I can't send texts! If I put my phone on airplane mode then off it will send but obviously this is a bit of a pain. I'm on EE so I'm not sure if it's a network issue it just seems to be a bit of a coincidence after updating.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any solutions?

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

So after recently updating I've had a bit of a nightmare after updating to 4.4.3. Not only has my battery life plummeted but I can't send texts! If I put my phone on airplane mode then off it will send but obviously this is a bit of a pain. I'm on EE so I'm not sure if it's a network issue it just seems to be a bit of a coincidence after updating.

More detail would be helpful. What carrier are you on? Are you running stock, or using a custom rom? Etc.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't know your setup, but probably the easiest thing to do is just reboot and see if that solves the problem.

x25064

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I am absolutely having this problem.

7 messages not sent today alone and battery life has decreased by half of what it was prior.

I did a full wipe and cache wipe too and I still have problems. This was a great phone prior to this disaster..

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I am absolutely having this problem.
7 messages not sent today alone and battery life has decreased by half of what it was prior.
I did a full wipe and cache wipe too and I still have problems. This was a great phone prior to this disaster..

Did you do a system cache wipe, or an app cache wipe? By system cache wipe I'm referring to this:
Wipe cache partition: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support
If you did the system cache wipe - did you disable fastboot before the wipe?

Hi Guys,

If you haven't already do the system cache wipe I linked above.
Which app are you using for texting (default, carrier version, hangouts, something else)?
Have you noticed any other problems network wise (related to either mobile data or wifi)?
In settings -> Mobile data what do you have your preferred network set to? (try global if that isn't already set).
In stettings -> wifi have you tried having it forget your network, turn off (power down) your phone (for a few minutes), and then reset it up for your wifi network.
Is your texting app up to date (have you checked Google Play store for updates)?
Do you have any caller ID app(s) installed (that you aren't paying for)? Some caller ID apps are known to interfere with 3g/4g signals, location/gps detection, and texting. If you have one on your phone (that you don't pay for) try to Force Stop it, clear cache on it, clear data on it, disable it, shut down your phone (power off), and restart to see if it makes a difference.