Notification bar

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Why is all this necessary? Would love an easy way to customize all this.
syvu4aty.jpg
it's getting out of hand.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I know what they all mean, which is why I don't need to see them. I use nfc so I leave it on. I don't want to know it's on. The other two I'm fine with when I'm using them but when I'm on wifi I don't need to know about it. More to the point, why can't it just be one icon for the data? Next thing you know they'll be showing what band of LTE you are on as well. And yes I'm aware of why they are there, I'm just unhappy that it's not easy to customize.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
The only way I know is by rooting the device and installing a tweaking application like Sense 6 Toolbox (available in the Android Revolution HD thread) or just installing a custom ROM like ViperOne or InsertCoin which will allow you to hide those unnecessary icons. I would tell you to try Google Play Store but I doubt you'll find any that don't require root access.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Surprised you didn't have an arrow pointing at the time, too, seeing as how it's on the screen twice.

I agree, though. Way too much clutter with all of the icons. When I plug in headphones, the time actually gets pushed off the screen.

Screenshot_2014-09-29-21-09-01.jpg

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I can live with the time since the only time it doubles is on the home screen. Otherwise, seeing the time while in an app and such is handy. But why can't it be one icon for the data you are using? Plus why the headphone icon? Do people not notice the thing sticking out of the phone about two inches to the right of that icon?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC