I hate the HTC Dot View case but love it at the same time..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I think the case is super annoying. I hate how you have to hold it open and basically forces you to use your phone with your right hand.

..but, at the same time, I love how it makes the phone look, it's pretty slick looking and gives it a "wow what is that factor" when showing off to people.

I just wish HTC added in more gesture features.. swipe down is cool, but they need to add in gestures for playing music.. such as swiping right to go to the next track, swipe left to reply, or swipe twice quickly to go back to the previous track, etc.. it definitely is underwhelming as far as features go..

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Before reaching the second post I was pretty sure there were such mods already available since all of that is really more software based than dependent on the cover. Those mods make me want to purchase that cover even more, despite the whole having to force it to stay open thing.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I bought the Dot View last night and it was a mistake. And yes, unfortunately I did not read the reviews of the M8 Dot View Mods app before buying the cover so now I am not even going to bother purchasing the app since the cover sucks and I probably will abandon it today.