Trim ringtone button greyed out.

Humdot

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey all, the "trim" button when selecting a new ringtone is greyed out for me. It's like that for every song/tone I've tried. Anyone know what's up with that?
Thanks.

Humdot

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply!
No it's not an app. When I go into the personalize settings in my phone to select a ringtone and I choose to add a new ringtone, there's a trim button, but it's always greyed out.

Humdot

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that link, but unfortunately I had the same results as the guy in that thread and my trim button was still greyed out after playing the song and making it my ringtone through the music player.

Humdot

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks again for your help. Nah I haven't contacted HTC about it, figured I'd try here first. To be honest it's not really a huge issue, I just find it kind of curious that it doesn't work. Does everyone else who has the one m8 have a working trim ringtone feature?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks again for your help. Nah I haven't contacted HTC about it, figured I'd try here first. To be honest it's not really a huge issue, I just find it kind of curious that it doesn't work. Does everyone else who has the one m8 have a working trim ringtone feature?
Sorry I am not much help. I do t have that feature on the ROM I am running.

Sent from an AOSP M8

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have somewhat similar problem, but instead of greyed out, the "trim ringtone" doesn't even show up, it's just phone or contact ringtone. But this only happens on some albums, other albums have the ability to trim the ringtone.

Have you tried other songs and/or albums and see if they work?

Idk what it is exactly but it could have to do with licensing and copyright? Or maybe the bitrate of the songs? Honestly I have no idea, I'm just throwing ideas out there

Maybe somebody knows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo