"No sim inserted" error on HTC M8

acE Shanny

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using my internationally unlocked HTC ONE M8 since 2 months. All of a sudden the phone was sometimes saying "No sim inserted" message but after few minutes the phone became normal. After 2-3 weeks no matter what I do my HTC M8 is constantly giving "No sim inserted" error. I tried cleaning the golden spots, readjusting the sim placement, restarting the phone with/without "fast boot" and I even tried the two layer thin tape method but everything failed on me. But apart from "no sim inserted" error, the phone is working perfectly. I even tried doing cache partition then a factory reset but none helped.
P.S- The sim works perfectly fine, I used another phone to check and it worked fine also I did buy a new sim but unfortunately I got the same result.

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue on AT&T version. New SIM, wiped cache as well. Only thing I haven't done was a reset. Guess now its time for a replacement

acE Shanny

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I contacted with HTC Customer service. They told me to try changing the sim tray and if that doesn't work they'll put it in their warranty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12