Forbes: Too Little Too Late from HTC?

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Sad to say, this article from Forbes magazine underscores some of the same misgivings that have been running through my mind about HTC's Double Exposure event this afternoon:

HTC Is Fading Fast And An Action Camera and Nexus Tablet Can't Save It - Forbes

I really do hope that HTC has not been leaking all of the products that they are showcasing today because a tube-shaped camera, a selfie phone and a One M8 +13MP camera doesn't even come close to an interesting anti-climax in the wake of other recent product launches.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't be realistic to think that the Nexus 9 would be a huge seller anyway--the Nexus 7 was always a much bigger seller than the Nexus 10. And it's hard to fight against the Samsung behemoth, with its multiple 10"+ tablets.

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I think the tech press needs to be careful what it wishes for. HTC make excellent products but constant criticism from the i-crowd will kill even the best company in the smartphone world.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Here is my take: if this would have been a year ago, I probably would have agreed. However, with Samsung sales slowing down a little, those sales are shifting to other OEMs like HTC. While not every sale is lost to them, the giant that is Samsung, is feeling something. Taking into consideration the M8 sold very well, HTC might have a chance.

Sent from an AOSP M8

walterg1

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
It wouldn't be realistic to think that the Nexus 9 would be a huge seller anyway--the Nexus 7 was always a much bigger seller than the Nexus 10. And it's hard to fight against the Samsung behemoth, with its multiple 10"+ tablets.

As a first gen Nexus 7 owner I thought about the Nexus 10.
Me personally and I think alot of other Nexus owners considered the 10, but we were waiting for the 10 2 with upgraded specs.
It never happened.
So I think it could go either way.
Im still undecided which to buy the Nexus 8 or 9.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I think the tech press needs to be careful what it wishes for. HTC make excellent products but constant criticism from the i-crowd will kill even the best company in the smartphone world.

True enough, Nerf. And I suppose I can blame much of my disappointment on @evleaks' posting that 360 of an alleged HTC One M8 Prime--a project that I hope is still on somebody's to-do list. But that DE event! Yeeesh.

Still, it's nice to read that the One M8 Eye, which didn't get previewed at the launch, has at least appeared as for sale in Asia.

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Here is my take: if this would have been a year ago, I probably would have agreed. However, with Samsung sales slowing down a little, those sales are shifting to other OEMs like HTC. While not every sale is lost to them, the giant that is Samsung, is feeling something. Taking into consideration the M8 sold very well, HTC might have a chance.

Sent from an AOSP M8
Most of the movement is actually going towards Chinese companies actually.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance