New Phone Choices

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
With all the new cell phone choices out now and coming up, if you had to choose, which phone would it be? And why would you decide to leave the M8 behind?

Posted via Android Central App

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I can quite honestly say none of the new cell phones coming out would make me want to consider getting rid of my m8. The nexus 6 is the only one even remotely close and its just going to be too big for my liking. If they made a 5 inch nexus 6 i would be tempted, however that would mean getting rid of these awesome speakers...

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
With all the new cell phone choices out now and coming up, if you had to choose, which phone would it be? And why would you decide to leave the M8 behind?

Really? Could you pose a more specific question?

Posted via the Android Central App

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I'd get the same phone in the windows version if tmobile had released it a couple of months earlier

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
In keeping the M8, buying the Z3 in two weeks and trading in the M8 for the M9 in March.

I really like the Z3 as well, as it seems to have the closest to boom sound front facing speakers, plus a resistance to water and dust. The camera seems to be pretty good, but I like the camera on the m8. However, I love sense and I'm not sure about Sony's UI. I'm due for a new phone, but aside from better hardware, there really hasn't been anything groundbreaking.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 6

I'm disappointed that there is nothing groundbreaking with the iPhone. But I do like the Apple ecosystem. It's very well integrated with everything. I was an iPhone user before getting my M8, and I felt the build quality and the boom sound speakers were groundbreaking at that time.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
The M9, perhaps, whereas none of the current phones would sway me from the M8.

I'm a patient person and will wait to see what HTC comes out with then. Hope the M9 blows everyone away, it's a great line that has improved immensely over their first two iterations.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna wait.

I've got this phone for 2 years, I may as well enjoy it. By then, the M10 will be out, so that will likely be my choice.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking HTC just keeps us wanting more and I like that. I want the M9 despite having really been pissed at having to send back the m7 and m8 for camera defect related issues. But even with those issues, they still really don't have any true competition. I just can't give up my Front speakers. metal body, and other stuff...including the temperamental dot view case, which with its latest update is too slick to put down. HTC keeps doing things to make your phone all new again. They've figured out the magic potion for us ADD Android fans. They can't advertise because they don't have the overhead budget, but the quality of their products will shine through. I'm just realizing again how smoothly this M8 operates. It's not your typical android phone that you have to reset everyday. It doesn't stutter or lag ever. The software doesn't get in the way despite HTC continually adding new functionality! The battery is awesome. I get 14 hours per charge and i know that may seem low to some of you, but i have all of my antennas on all of the time, 3 email accounts syncing all the time, often casting Netflix, texting, and running music to either of 3 Bluetooth devices depending on where i am. The M8 is a beast!!

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking HTC just keeps us wanting more and I like that. I want the M9 despite having really been pissed at having to send back the m7 and m8 for camera defect related issues. But even with those issues, they still really don't have any true competition. I just can't give up my Front speakers. metal body, and other stuff...including the temperamental dot view case, which with its latest update is too slick to put down. HTC keeps doing things to make your phone all new again. They've figured out the magic potion for us ADD Android fans. They can't advertise because they don't have the overhead budget, but the quality of their products will shine through. I'm just realizing again how smoothly this M8 operates. It's not your typical android phone that you have to reset everyday. It doesn't stutter or lag ever. The software doesn't get in the way despite HTC continually adding new functionality! The battery is awesome. I get 14 hours per charge and i know that may seem low to some of you, but i have all of my antennas on all of the time, 3 email accounts syncing all the time, often casting Netflix, texting, and running music to either of 3 Bluetooth devices depending on where i am. The M8 is a beast!!

These are all very valid points, but as a tech junkie and early adopter, it's tempting to try Android on various platforms. However, I do love my M8, it's nearly perfect.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I suppose if your have the money to waste....... Like I said, Android fans have ADD. We just can't wait.... We have to have the next best thing!

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I suppose if your have the money to waste....... Like I said, Android fans have ADD. We just can't wait.... We have to have the next best thing!

That's very true! If it wasn't for that enthusiasm, we wouldn't have such a vibrant world of Android development. :D

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I don't see smartphone purchases as a waste of money but an investment. These devices have found their way into our daily lives and we have all become accustomed to using them and have integrated them into everything we do. They continue to improve spec wise, at least over the last year, but sadly, nothing truly groundbreaking. I would like to see better security, perhaps retina scanners, and more multitasking capabilities such as the what the Note series does. We also need much better camera and video performance out of HTC. The camera works well for me in terms of point shoot and upload to social media, but OIS is a must in a smartphone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835