10-21-2014 10:13 AM
49 12
tools
    With all the new cell phone choices out now and coming up, if you had to choose, which phone would it be? And why would you decide to leave the M8 behind?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2014 11:34 PM
    I can quite honestly say none of the new cell phones coming out would make me want to consider getting rid of my m8. The nexus 6 is the only one even remotely close and its just going to be too big for my liking. If they made a 5 inch nexus 6 i would be tempted, however that would mean getting rid of these awesome speakers...
    JAG21979 likes this.
    10-14-2014 01:10 AM
    The M9, perhaps, whereas none of the current phones would sway me from the M8.
    10-14-2014 06:21 AM
    With all the new cell phone choices out now and coming up, if you had to choose, which phone would it be? And why would you decide to leave the M8 behind?

Really? Could you pose a more specific question?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-14-2014 07:23 AM
    Really? Could you pose a more specific question?

If you don't like the thread/question just don't reply.
    10-14-2014 09:41 AM
    I'd get the same phone in the windows version if tmobile had released it a couple of months earlier

JAG21979 and Smply_Rcklss like this.
    10-14-2014 06:40 PM
    In keeping the M8, buying the Z3 in two weeks and trading in the M8 for the M9 in March.

JAG21979 likes this.
    10-14-2014 07:32 PM
    I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 6

10-14-2014 07:51 PM
    In keeping the M8, buying the Z3 in two weeks and trading in the M8 for the M9 in March.

I really like the Z3 as well, as it seems to have the closest to boom sound front facing speakers, plus a resistance to water and dust. The camera seems to be pretty good, but I like the camera on the m8. However, I love sense and I'm not sure about Sony's UI. I'm due for a new phone, but aside from better hardware, there really hasn't been anything groundbreaking.

10-14-2014 09:18 PM
    I'm thinking of getting the iPhone 6

I'm disappointed that there is nothing groundbreaking with the iPhone. But I do like the Apple ecosystem. It's very well integrated with everything. I was an iPhone user before getting my M8, and I felt the build quality and the boom sound speakers were groundbreaking at that time.

10-14-2014 09:24 PM
    I'm a patient person and will wait to see what HTC comes out with then. Hope the M9 blows everyone away, it's a great line that has improved immensely over their first two iterations.

TarekElsakka likes this.
    10-14-2014 09:26 PM
    I'm gonna wait.

I've got this phone for 2 years, I may as well enjoy it. By then, the M10 will be out, so that will likely be my choice.
    10-15-2014 11:20 AM
    I'm thinking HTC just keeps us wanting more and I like that. I want the M9 despite having really been pissed at having to send back the m7 and m8 for camera defect related issues. But even with those issues, they still really don't have any true competition. I just can't give up my Front speakers. metal body, and other stuff...including the temperamental dot view case, which with its latest update is too slick to put down. HTC keeps doing things to make your phone all new again. They've figured out the magic potion for us ADD Android fans. They can't advertise because they don't have the overhead budget, but the quality of their products will shine through. I'm just realizing again how smoothly this M8 operates. It's not your typical android phone that you have to reset everyday. It doesn't stutter or lag ever. The software doesn't get in the way despite HTC continually adding new functionality! The battery is awesome. I get 14 hours per charge and i know that may seem low to some of you, but i have all of my antennas on all of the time, 3 email accounts syncing all the time, often casting Netflix, texting, and running music to either of 3 Bluetooth devices depending on where i am. The M8 is a beast!!
    10-15-2014 12:10 PM
    I'm thinking HTC just keeps us wanting more and I like that. I want the M9 despite having really been pissed at having to send back the m7 and m8 for camera defect related issues. But even with those issues, they still really don't have any true competition. I just can't give up my Front speakers. metal body, and other stuff...including the temperamental dot view case, which with its latest update is too slick to put down. HTC keeps doing things to make your phone all new again. They've figured out the magic potion for us ADD Android fans. They can't advertise because they don't have the overhead budget, but the quality of their products will shine through. I'm just realizing again how smoothly this M8 operates. It's not your typical android phone that you have to reset everyday. It doesn't stutter or lag ever. The software doesn't get in the way despite HTC continually adding new functionality! The battery is awesome. I get 14 hours per charge and i know that may seem low to some of you, but i have all of my antennas on all of the time, 3 email accounts syncing all the time, often casting Netflix, texting, and running music to either of 3 Bluetooth devices depending on where i am. The M8 is a beast!!
    These are all very valid points, but as a tech junkie and early adopter, it's tempting to try Android on various platforms. However, I do love my M8, it's nearly perfect.

10-15-2014 06:57 PM
    I suppose if your have the money to waste....... Like I said, Android fans have ADD. We just can't wait.... We have to have the next best thing!

10-15-2014 09:14 PM
    I suppose if your have the money to waste....... Like I said, Android fans have ADD. We just can't wait.... We have to have the next best thing!

That's very true! If it wasn't for that enthusiasm, we wouldn't have such a vibrant world of Android development.
    10-15-2014 11:43 PM
    That's very true! If it wasn't for that enthusiasm, we wouldn't have such a vibrant world of Android development.
    I should have said we have to have the next best thing... RIGHT NOW!

TarekElsakka likes this.
    10-16-2014 01:24 AM
    The M9 will not work for me if HTC makes this phone any taller! They have to figure out how to do more with less

10-16-2014 01:36 AM
    The M9 will not work for me if HTC makes this phone any taller! They have to figure out how to do more with less

I agree, they also need an RGB light. This phone is as big as I want one to go. I saw the Apple iPhone 6 Plus and it was too big for my liking.
    10-16-2014 08:07 AM

I don't see smartphone purchases as a waste of money but an investment. These devices have found their way into our daily lives and we have all become accustomed to using them and have integrated them into everything we do. They continue to improve spec wise, at least over the last year, but sadly, nothing truly groundbreaking. I would like to see better security, perhaps retina scanners, and more multitasking capabilities such as the what the Note series does. We also need much better camera and video performance out of HTC. The camera works well for me in terms of point shoot and upload to social media, but OIS is a must in a smartphone.

10-16-2014 08:23 AM
    Hopefully they name it the MX
    10-16-2014 09:17 AM
    I suppose you're right, however, the note series is a tablet. And, I definitely agree with you on the camera. I do think that HTC will invest more in the camera come the M9. I hope! I do not see the investment side of flipping through several different Android phones though. That just seems like restless behavior to me. I keep thinking I want a better camera, but I haven't taken a single picture that I've been dissatisfied with because the phone just couldn't do any better! Each time, I've been able to make an adjustment and get just what I want. There is no need for me to upgrade to an M9, but I will just because I want a newer device! But, this M8 is still amazing to me!

10-16-2014 09:18 AM
    I should have said we have to have the next best thing... RIGHT NOW!

I must admit, I am dying for Android L and will probably change CIDs, MIDs, etc. in order to get it as soon as it comes out! haha

I must agree with you. The fact that it's so tall makes its dimensions easier to slip out from your hands since it's very thin and the material is slippery. They should start making it just a tad wider, in my opinion.
    CHILLYWILL_95831 likes this.
    10-16-2014 09:27 AM
    I must admit, I am dying for Android L and will probably change CIDs, MIDs, etc. in order to get it as soon as it comes out! haha

I must agree with you. The fact that it's so tall makes its dimensions easier to slip out from your hands since it's very thin and the material is slippery. They should start making it just a tad wider, in my opinion.
    I rest my case! AND, as soon as it lands and you figure out all of its secrets, about a week, you'll be back in bated breath for the next update! The problem is that Android fans don't Give themselves time to appreciate the platform, they are in constant critique mode! And, as long as you're doing that you can't actually enjoy how far we've come or appreciate what's right in front of you! I don't like to stereotype platform loyalists, but ios fans are seemingly more mature with respect to their expectations of what a phone can do! They have matured with their devices! Android fans like to keep being reborn..lol! They make it to puberty, then go right back to the womb! If every new version of Android is not exciting, then they're bored, restless, and ready to try a new phone, or platform! Grow up a little Fandroids! Every new version is not going to be groundbreaking whether it's the hardware or the software! Smartphones have hit that plateau and have matured! A faster processor won't make my fingers move any faster! A bigger screen won't make my eyesight any better, and a better camera won't make me a better photographer! Enjoy the sweet spot that we are in right now!

I mean Apple sells 10 million phones in the first week of the release of what I consider to be a follower phone...And, get this, they've been looking at the same app drawer homescreens since its inception back in 08 or 09! They have no worries! There is something positive to be said for maturity! And,I walk in to an Apple store to the repair section and these people absolutely deify Apple! Now, flip that to the HTC M8! In nearly every facet of phone excitement, the M8 outdoes the latest ios devices, but because we have so many choices we can't really get behind and be loyal to a truly awesome device like the M8 and HTC! We want water proof, we want 20 MP, we want the smaller bezels, we want this, we want that! But, the truth is, no one person can get everything they want from a smartphone because there are just too many options to consider, so why not grow with a promising company like HTC! Every time we test the waters we take away from HTC! I'm not saying that HTC should be the only platform, but we clearly should not be worrying about whether HTC will be making our phones a couple of years from now..RIGHT? They are the "little engine that could!"

TarekElsakka likes this.
    10-16-2014 10:14 AM
    10-16-2014 10:43 AM
49 12