Peculiar calendar issue

Speedwagon

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, my calendar syncing is... Weird. Acalander shows everything just fine. Either in the widget or app. But the stock calendar app doesn't show all of my events. Some show up, but others(most) don't. I installed silence app to have my phone silent during repeating events, and they don't show up there either. I tried turning off sync on my Google account, and back on, but it didn't change anything. Any ideas on this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for the basic question, but are you sure you've gone to the Calendar's settings to make sure that the calendars in question are set to sync, and that they are also set to display? I'm not talking about the sync checkbox in Settings>Accounts--I'm talking about within the Calendar's settings.

Speedwagon

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I have, yes. In the calendar, settings, accounts, my google account is checked, and when I open the settings for that account, it shows me my google account and the shared calendar, both checked. And strangely enough, the google calendar that is shared with me from work shows up. But my own calendar doesn't.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If all of your events are stored in your Google Calendar in the cloud, then you might consider going to Settings>Apps>All​, selecting Calendar, and Clear Cache/Data. Then open Calendar again, and allow it to sync.

The reason I mention if your events are stored in Google Calendar is that if you have any events associated with the Phone Account, then those events may be erased without any backup if you Clear Data.

Speedwagon

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
That did not correct the problem.

So then I created an event in the web browser, and that showed up immediately in aCalendar, and in the Calendar app. But none of the already created events are showing up. And I'm able to create a new event in the phone, and that shows up in the browser (on my computer).

If it helps, the events that are not showing up were created at the beginning of the semester, and is my class schedule. Which showed up perfectly fine in my previous M7.

edit: I went into the repeating events in my browser, and changed the color on them, saved to all events. And now the damn things are showing up in the Calendar app.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance