Could the Microphone on my HTC One be malfunctioning due to software?

SimonBath

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
HTC One Microphone fault (Software?)

Hi All,

My HTC One M8 has a strange fault. The microphone randomly stops working and a standard power cycle does not restore the functionality. If I try using the voice recorder or other features the microphone does still not work.

I can get the microphone to operate again by performing a hard reset, but I have done this three times now and with in a week the microphone stops operating again. To me this sounds like a software issue rather than hardware as a hard reset resolves the issue.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Does anyone have a fix?

Kind Regards
Simon

808Mobi

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One Microphone fault (Software?)

Actually, I have. I just purchased a used M8 for my wife and the microphone gave out on the first day. I didn't try a hard reset and luckily I had insurance so I ordered a replacement. I haven't had the issue with my M8. I'll try a hard reset and see what happens this evening if I get a chance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

I can get the microphone to operate again by performing a hard reset, but I have done this three times now and with in a week the microphone stops operating again. To me this sounds like a software issue rather than hardware as a hard reset resolves the issue.
If it starts working again after a hard reset, it almost has to be software related. You might want to back it up a do a full factory reset. It could even be an app causing the glitch...

SimonBath

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have performed a full factory reset (entering via volume down and power buttons) and only installed 5 apps that I required for day to day use.
I will try another factory reset and download no apps. If it still happens the phone is being returned.

Agreed mfreeland, I can not see past this being a software issue.

Simon.