I use my M8 with my LG Tone+ (HBS 730) Bluetooth headset. When I press the call button it activates the voice dialer. I would love to have it activate Google Now that way I could do more than just make calls. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App
    kanucme likes this.
    10-21-2014 05:29 PM
    In Google Now settings. Under voice, make sure Bluetooth headset is checked. That might help you out.

10-21-2014 05:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip. That option wasn't checked, but after checking it, the behavior is the same. It still actives the voice dialer. I'd like to try disabling the voice dialer app (if it's a separate app) but didn't see it in the app list.
    Pickngrin likes this.
    10-21-2014 06:25 PM
    Hmm..Works ok for me when I say "OK Google" on my Bluetooth. I don't know...

10-21-2014 06:33 PM

It may work because your actual screen is on, but if you're using Bluetooth and your screen is off and you hit the voice activation button on your Bluetooth device, it will only activate HTCs built in voice activated application. I would love to be able to bypass HTCs voice activation application as well. That's part of sense that needs to DIE!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-23-2014 02:14 PM

It may work because your actual screen is on, but if you're using Bluetooth and your screen is off and you hit the voice activation button on your Bluetooth device, it will only activate HTCs built in voice activated application. I would love to be able to bypass HTCs voice activation application as well. That's part of sense that needs to DIE!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah, if the screen is on and I say "Ok Google" the phone picks it up and activates Google Now. I tried walking away from the phone but stayed within Bluetooth range; when I said "Ok Google" into the Bluetooth nothing happens.
    11-04-2014 01:12 PM
    Yeah, your thread reminded me that I've been wanting this too. I found two ways:

Reassign Your Bluetooth "Phone" Button to Open Google Now

Now, with screen off I can long press bluetooth button and get voice search prompt.

(when using the Bluetooth Launch app, you'll most likely need a magnifying glass in order to see the options. the font is tiny.)

After testing this a few times I notice that the screen does light up but won't turn off - at all. No time-out. This makes it unsatisfactory. I did some more searching and found the app Hint2Search

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ix.hint2search

Have been testing this one on my M8 and it seems to work great. The screen does come on but will auto-dismiss just like normal. Too bad it won't do its thing fully behind a blank screen. But with a quick time-out, there's less chance of a mistake happening in your pocket.

Also, it seems to me that Tasker and the AutoVoice plug-in shoud be able to do this. I've emailed the AutoVoice dev and asked.
    jean15paul likes this.
    11-09-2014 11:36 AM
    Yeah, your thread reminded me that I've been wanting this too. I found two ways:

Reassign Your Bluetooth "Phone" Button to Open Google Now

Now, with screen off I can long press bluetooth button and get voice search prompt.

(when using the Bluetooth Launch app, you'll most likely need a magnifying glass in order to see the options. the font is tiny.)

After testing this a few times I notice that the screen does light up but won't turn off - at all. No time-out. This makes it unsatisfactory. I did some more searching and found the app Hint2Search

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ix.hint2search

Have been testing this one on my M8 and it seems to work great. The screen does come on but will auto-dismiss just like normal. Too bad it won't do its thing fully behind a blank screen. But with a quick time-out, there's less chance of a mistake happening in your pocket.

Also, it seems to me that Tasker and the AutoVoice plug-in shoud be able to do this. I've emailed the AutoVoice dev and asked.
    Thanks. I'm gonna have to check it out.
    11-09-2014 03:21 PM
    I've been playing with this for a few days now. I have found that Tasker app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm will do the same thing with a couple of plug-ins; Autovoice https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mgcd.autovoice and Secure Settings https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ettings.plugin.

Create an event profile using Autovoice and a task using Secure Settings and launch app: Voice Search.
    jean15paul likes this.
    11-19-2014 10:16 AM
    I just wrote a simple app called BT Now, that accomplishes this functionality in a way that I think is simpler, more effective, and more straightforward than other solutions. It's free and it's on the Play Store. Unfortunately, I can't post a link to it, and searching for "BT Now" doesn't yet seem to work on the Play Store. However, if you search for "Vibaroo" (my dev name) on the Play Store, you should see it. I haven't tried it on the One, but it should work for you.
    Oni07R, jean15paul and rsawitzky like this.
    01-26-2015 08:48 AM
    I just tried it and it works well. Nice job! Will use this from now on.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....vibaroo.btnow

HTC M8
    JimSmith94 likes this.
    01-26-2015 09:31 AM
    I downloaded the BTNow app, but I didn't like it so I uninstalled it. But my phone is still going to Google Now. How do I change it back to the simple voice dialer?
    02-09-2015 03:53 PM
    I think if you go to Apps > Google and clear any defaults it will go back to dialer.
    jean15paul likes this.
    02-09-2015 04:01 PM
    I also tried it and am very happy with the way it works. Also for whatever it's worth, I scanned it with Lookout just to be on the safe side and Lookout says it's safe (in case anyone is concerned).

Thanks NYCZack
    02-09-2015 04:09 PM
    Thank you soooo much man.
    You cannot imagine how long I was looking for such a simple way to use Gnow with my bluetooth (jabra storm).
    It works great and resolves almost every issues that I had with all other apps I've tried.

I've just registered on android central just to say thank you
    so THANK YOU
    02-10-2015 10:03 AM
    Thank you soooo much man.
    You cannot imagine how long I was looking for such a simple way to use Gnow with my bluetooth (jabra storm).
    It works great and resolves almost every issues that I had with all other apps I've tried.

I've just registered on android central just to say thank you
    so THANK YOU
    02-10-2015 10:19 AM
    I thought clearing defaults would fix it too. It does not show there are any defaults for any app that I thought may be associated with Google. Any other suggestions? I am really not liking using Google for bluetooth. Most of the time when I try to use my bluetooth to do something, it does a web search of what I say.
    02-11-2015 08:42 PM
    I thought clearing defaults would fix it too. It does not show there are any defaults for any app that I thought may be associated with Google. Any other suggestions? I am really not liking using Google for bluetooth. Most of the time when I try to use my bluetooth to do something, it does a web search of what I say.
    Is it possible you disabled the native Voice Dialer? Go to Settings --> Apps --> Swipe over to All or to Disabled --> Voice Dialer. Make sure it's not disabled and, if necessary, re-enable it.
    02-19-2015 03:48 PM
    This was bugging the heck out of me too, with the help of this thread, I was able to get back to the stock voice dialer;

I cleared the defaults as described above but that didn't work, so in the same location, I clicked on "Manage space" and clicked "Clear all data" under "Erase all Google Search, Google Now, and Google Now Launcher data". That did the trick...

Hope it works for you!
    02-21-2015 04:56 PM
    This was bugging the heck out of me too, with the help of this thread, I was able to get back to the stock voice dialer;

I cleared the defaults as described above but that didn't work, so in the same location, I clicked on "Manage space" and clicked "Clear all data" under "Erase all Google Search, Google Now, and Google Now Launcher data". That did the trick...

Hope it works for you!
    Does that mean you cleared app data local on the phone? Or did you delete your online search data from Google's servers? I'm assuming it's the former, because the later wouldn't be acceptable in my opinion.
    02-21-2015 06:35 PM
    Thanks for the app info, just what I wanted.
    06-20-2015 05:51 PM
    Goto settings > applications > default application > remove any application that says S Voice or Voice Dailer something.
    Now when you will click on the bluetooth button it will ask which app to complete the action with select Google App it will open Google Now for your searches.
    07-09-2015 01:14 PM
    downloaded BT Gnow and no luck. I was able to disable stock voice dialer app and tried pushing a button on HBS900 and it asked me to select BT Gnow or G Search.
    03-24-2016 09:27 PM
    All you have to do is "Reset Preferences" in app manager. Next time you turn on your bluetooth it will ask you if you which default action you want. Choose Google Now. You will need to choose a couple other things like your launcher, etc...but it only takes a few seconds.
    07-14-2016 02:28 PM