*** LOCKED *** , EMERGENCY, leaving country!

s4gobabygo

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
about an hour ago i awoke my phone to check the time, and the camera did not boot for face unlock. i keyed my code in, and immediately my phone came up with a barrage of messages saying "unfortunately blinkfeed has stopped" or "unfortunately camera has stopped"... messages appearing faster than i could clear them, for just about every app on the phone. after a couple tries rebooting and having the same problem, not able to access anything on the phone, i'm now stuck on this ***LOCKED*** screen and have no idea what to do from here. my options are HBOOT, RAMDUMP, REBOOT, REBOOT FASTBOOT, and POWER DOWN. i've only tried reboot and power down, but they were no help.

this couldn't come at a worse time, as i'm leaving the country for 3 weeks in about 18 hours, and i need my phone!!

s4gobabygo

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
i'm new to android. unfamiliar with all of this. sorry if that's basic. fwiw, i don't have anything important stored on the phone, but i do need it to work, at least as a phone, and hopefully as a camera too, for the next three weeks in europe.

s4gobabygo

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
pull sim maybe

pull sim card maybe what are your plans to get it to work in Europe?

i pulled out the sim card and my options changed slightly. should i do the recovery or factory reboot, now that they are options? do i put the sim card back in first or no? attached photo shows my options now.

regarding the phone abroad, i usually just add international phone, data, and text service to my plan temporarily while i'm away.

photo(1).JPG

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I believe that is just the bootloader. Can't you just boot it bock up. I.e., click 'Power Down' and hold the power button to start it.

s4gobabygo

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
sorry for the delay... had to sleep!

i tried both power down and factory reset while the phone was plugged into the wall still and power down does nothing. the screen goes black for a second or two then i return to the same screen. the factory reset option seems to do even less... the phone just vibrates when i choose this option and nothing happens.

i unplugged the phone and for a while it became completely unresponsive, but now i'm back to the same old screen. any more ideas? 2 more hours til the at&t store opens...

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
sorry for the delay... had to sleep!

i tried both power down and factory reset while the phone was plugged into the wall still and power down does nothing. the screen goes black for a second or two then i return to the same screen. the factory reset option seems to do even less... the phone just vibrates when i choose this option and nothing happens.

i unplugged the phone and for a while it became completely unresponsive, but now i'm back to the same old screen. any more ideas? 2 more hours til the at&t store opens...

Go into HBOOT

Choose fastboot

does that get you back into Android?

s4gobabygo

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
i tried all available options and nothing happens. i just got back from the at&t store where they informed me that the phone is dead and appears to have deleted its own operating system. no recovery options work, because there isnt even an OS on the device at all. they told me to warranty the phone, but they cant give me a replacement on the spot, so i had to have them reactivate my old iphone 4s for now. at least i have a phone that works for my trip, but i'm super pissed about this... i bought this new phone specifically for this trip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair