October 22 Sprint Update

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, anyone on Sprint getting the OTA that was pushed out last night? Very little information on what exactly it is. Hopefully it's 4.4.4 with Eye and fixes for the WiFi calling GPS bug. But yeah. Anyone seeing it?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, anyone on Sprint getting the OTA that was pushed out last night? Very little information on what exactly it is. Hopefully it's 4.4.4 with Eye and fixes for the WiFi calling GPS bug. But yeah. Anyone seeing it?
Not seeing it yet......

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's what the Sprint website said were the enhancements...
Google Security Patch
GPS Enhancements
International Wi-Fi Calling
ItsOn Integration
Accessibility Improvements

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Here's what the Sprint website said were the enhancements...
Google Security Patch
GPS Enhancements
International Wi-Fi Calling
ItsOn Integration
Accessibility Improvements

Yeah, sounds like it's at least 4.4.4 with that Google security patch, and hopefully the Wifi calling GPS issue will be included under enhancements. Still hoping for Eye as well though.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, sounds like it's at least 4.4.4 with that Google security patch, and hopefully the Wifi calling GPS issue will be included under enhancements. Still hoping for Eye as well though.
Yeah, I'm too sure if it's 4.4.4. Sounds like they might have the wifi calling/gps fix, but I would think if it had Eye and was 4.4.4, they would be announcing it.. Hope I'm wrong.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Ugh still nothing in central FL. Where did this 22nd date come from?

It's what the Sprint site says.

I wonder if they could have pulled the update so as to bundle 4.4.4 and Eye with it so they're not releasing multiple updates in a short period of time.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It's what the Sprint site says.

I wonder if they could have pulled the update so as to bundle 4.4.4 and Eye with it so they're not releasing multiple updates in a short period of time.

The site was updated yesterday the 24th and is still saying the update may take several days to roll out. They took all the details of the update down, so you might be right....I hope.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I did get this update on Thursday (Oct 23), but I had to go and check for software updates.

That being said, I just got this phone on Thursday also.

So, I'm running the 4.4.4 software and don't notice any issues yet.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I did get this update on Thursday (Oct 23), but I had to go and check for software updates.

That being said, I just got this phone on Thursday also.

So, I'm running the 4.4.4 software and don't notice any issues yet.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Weird, I've been manually checking for it as well, even going so far as manually clearing the cache of the update utility. Nothing for me yet. You can confirm 100% that it's actually 4.4.4 though? Does it include the Eye camera update as well? Also if you don't mind me asking, what general area are you in?

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Weird, I've been manually checking for it as well, even going so far as manually clearing the cache of the update utility. Nothing for me yet. You can confirm 100% that it's actually 4.4.4 though? Does it include the Eye camera update as well? Also if you don't mind me asking, what general area are you in?

I was in the process of switching from my Verizon M8 to a new Sprint M8 HK edition. I got the new phone on Thursday and it was running 4.4.2 out of the box.... I then went and requested a manual software update.... It popped up with the small (65m) update first.... Once that was installed, I then went a requested another manual software update check and the 4.4.3 update (600+m) showed available.

What is strange is the phone showed me a 4.4.4 version number...... But now it shows as 4.4.3.

Strange.... So, it appears that I don't have 4.4.4.

For those with 4.4.3 on Sprint.... Do you have the file manager? I know that the File Manager came with the 4.4.4 version on Verizon that just rolled through...

Of course with all this updating and switching over to the new phone, along with getting all my info over to the new phone, maybe I am confused...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol