HTC one m8 problem?

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
So i'm wondering if it's just my phone or everyone's. So first problem is that when i shake my phone, it rattles. It sounds like there is something loose inside the phone as it's not the power or the volume buttons. Secondly, when i turn the phone on and then put my ear on the speakers, it sounds like there is a hard drive spinning for a few seconds and then the sound goes off, same thing happens when i turn the screen off as well. Lastly when i put the phone on sleep mode, it sounds like the speakers pop a second or so and then it's gone. Is it just my phone? :S

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The rattle is fairly common, and I have read from various people that it is due to a loose Power button, the auto-focus mechanism of the camera, or the vibration mechanism. My wife's M8 has this rattle, but none of the functions are compromised--it's a very minor issue that doesn't bother her.

Not sure about the "hard drive" sound. Is it just some low-level static over the earpiece?

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
i'm not sure what it is but it kind of sounds like a hard drive spinning for few seconds and then it clears up. The sound comes out from the speakers when you put your ear on it. Also when i put my phone to sleep, there is a pop sound from the speakers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I can't comment on the pop. What you describe about the earpiece sound reminds me of Bluetooth headphones--when I pair them with my phone, I usually hear about a second of hiss, meaning the speakers are activated, but no sound signal is coming through. Then the hiss goes away, since the headphones turn off until the phone sends more sound signal over Bluetooth. Maybe it's a similar explanation for the phone.

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, hopefully it's not just my phone. Also do android phones make a sound when they go to sleep? If so, that might be the explanation why there is a pop sound.

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
The pop sound was the screen lock sound. So now I need to figure out if the Hard drive spinning sound is intentional or my phone is broken. But just like you said Diddy, it might be the sound that waits for a sound to play before it turns off.

ForeverSol

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
No. The first time I got the phone, I had issue with Bluetooth where it would restart my phone so I got it fixed. 2nd time was where the screen would pop out so I got the fixed. Now I have these issues and I'm not sure if I should take it back for repairer. It takes me 1 hour and 20min to go there and back and it's the third time there is something wrong with the phone.

Last edited:

Brendan Lapham

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have the same problem too, it's soooo annoying.
Can anyone tell me what process is, do they send it away to get fixed or it they replace it for a new one? I have only had it a day, I only noticed when I took the phone case off. BUMMER!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance