Hey Google, open the garage door! $50 Garage Door Opener
    Sup? So I've had no issues with Google Now/Google search until today. About 5 hrs ago I noticed the issue. I'm commingly swipe up to launch Google search or Google Now. Well about 2pm it wouldn't open, tried this about 5 times. Then it finally opened. Then froze the whole phone. Then crashed. So I cleared the cache, uninstalled and downloaded again. Still the same issue. Any ideas?

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Google Now/Search crashing everytime-293249.jpg   Google Now/Search crashing everytime-293252.jpg  
    10-28-2014 06:09 PM
    Did you also Clear Data from Google Search? If that doesn't help, try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tc-one-m8.html
    10-28-2014 06:21 PM
    I tried my M8, it worked ok.
    Did you solve it?
    10-30-2014 02:40 AM
    Haven't tried it yet. A little nervous do so.

11-01-2014 12:00 AM
    Same here got same problems at the moment...it's there a problem with Google now servers or was it updated recently?
    11-01-2014 12:40 AM
    So this morning I went ahead and did it. The phone in overall performance seems more shifty/faster. It's really simple to do. Google Now/Search has been flawless so far. Even before I wiped cache partition Google Now/Search worked just ok on wifi. I'm at work today on the 4g LTE(this is when I've had issues) I'm going to give it a day or 2 and report back the overall phone and Google Now/Search performance.

Don't be scared it's really simple. Follow the step from above.

B. Diddy likes this.
    11-01-2014 07:22 AM
    Ok the problem for me is when I open Google now for the first time it is ok....but then when I refresh it by swiping down I get the refresh animation, but this goes on for to long and then it ends buy saying that there is "no internet connection" even though I am on Wi-Fi....then the whole application freezes and the only way I can get out of it is by waiting a long time or pressing multitasking icon...
    11-01-2014 09:08 AM
    I was having an issue when I first swiped up on it it would just freeze and then anything associated with Google would not work either. Now everything seems fine. The link there, it explains is advantages of clearing cache partition. Just go ahead and do it use another tablet or phone so you can follow the instructions as you do it so you don't mess up.

11-01-2014 09:53 AM
    Ok the problem for me is when I open Google now for the first time it is ok....but then when I refresh it by swiping down I get the refresh animation, but this goes on for to long and then it ends buy saying that there is "no internet connection" even though I am on Wi-Fi....then the whole application freezes and the only way I can get out of it is by waiting a long time or pressing multitasking icon...
    Is or was yours doing this? This is the first time I've seen it but mine is doing it now. (No Conection)

Attached Thumbnails Google Now/Search crashing everytime-296829.jpg  
    mwake4goten likes this.
    11-01-2014 04:35 PM
    Is or was yours doing this? This is the first time I've seen it but mine is doing it now. (No Conection)

Yes mine is displaying that message at the top of the page...no internet connection...I will try that reset cache technique soon you see if that solves the problem...
    11-01-2014 06:01 PM
    I do not know what is causing your problem, but I do want to let you know not all M8's are affected. I have the latest updates for Google Now and Android on Verizon. I have mine set to listen for my voice at all times and I use Google Now at least 4 times per day and have the widget on my home screen, so it is still working.

Make sure you let us know what resolves your problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-01-2014 06:13 PM
    I had the same problems as above. Plus Google Search became the biggest battery hog on my phone. I reverted back to the last version. Much more stable and better on battery.
    11-01-2014 06:19 PM
    I had the same problems as above. Plus Google Search became the biggest battery hog on my phone. I reverted back to the last version. Much more stable and better on battery.
    How do I revert to the last version?

11-01-2014 06:32 PM
    Yes mine is displaying that message at the top of the page...no internet connection...I will try that reset cache technique soon you see if that solves the problem...
    I wiped the cache partition bc it was slow and unresponsive. I didn't have the no connection issue until after I wiped the cache partition

11-01-2014 06:37 PM
    Your screenshot shows a wi-fi network available--have you tried turning your wi-fi radio off, to see if it might be interfering with your mobile data connection? Or connect to that wi-fi network, then see if Google Now works.
    11-01-2014 09:38 PM
    Your screenshot shows a wi-fi network available--have you tried turning your wi-fi radio off, to see if it might be interfering with your mobile data connection? Or connect to that wi-fi network, then see if Google Now works.
    I was out and about when I took this. It does it on my home wifi (45mbps) or when I'm on 4g

11-01-2014 10:35 PM
    How do I revert to the last version?

You can get all the Google APK's here. Google Inc. APKs - APKMirror

Just go into Apps on your phone uninstall Google Search to bring you back to the original version that came with the phone and install the previous version or whatever version you want all the APK's are there.
    11-02-2014 06:02 AM
    I get this image sometimes when using Google now...I wiped the cache in recovery...I wonder if I there is an app or setting that is making it do this..
    Attached Thumbnails Google Now/Search crashing everytime-uploadfromtaptalk1414950751377.jpg  
    11-02-2014 11:55 AM
    Ok I visited the Google search page on the play market and read the reviews seen that many people are complaining about the issues in this post, apparently since the last update...looks like Google well have to update for us users that are having problems...I am disabling it for now...
    11-02-2014 12:57 PM
    Have you tried going to Settings>Apps>All​, selecting Google Search, and Clearing Cache/Data there?
    11-02-2014 09:28 PM
    Have you tried going to Settings>Apps>All​, selecting Google Search, and Clearing Cache/Data there?
    Yes. That was the first thing I did before I even read this post.

11-03-2014 05:36 AM
    But I just checked on it today and after I refresh everything is fine. As of now it seems to be working perfectly.

11-03-2014 05:38 AM
    Ok lol I just cleared the cache just now and everything is working properly....
    11-03-2014 06:50 AM
    But I just checked on it today and after I refresh everything is fine. As of now it seems to be working perfectly.

It's possible that there may have been a server issue that finally cleared up.
    11-03-2014 10:34 AM
    Hi everyone. I am using HTC One M7 with Lollipop version of Android. My Google App used to crash a lot but I think I have found a workaround to avoid the issue. When the app crashes , clear the data and cache un App settings (stop the App first).

Then, when restarting the app, DON'T set up the app for voice commands. The app isn't crashing for me now with just the one adjustment/sacrifice.
    04-24-2017 06:49 AM