I have the HTC M8 on Verizon.I have had the phone about 2 months. Recently my phone has been force closing apps and restarting randomly. It looks as though it may be using too much RAM. Now I have tried to update my software to 4.4.4 and it will not update. At first it would go through the download and start to install only to show a red triangle with an exclamation point. It did this about 6 times. Now when I try to install it says sorry you couldn't update no changes have been made. error 404. Please help!

P.S. I'm not rooted or on custom ROM

Update: Have performed a factory reset. Once again the update failed. " /system/framework/framework3.odex" has unexpected contents. After this it says installation aborted.
    10-29-2014 07:38 PM
    I have the HTC M8 on Verizon.I have had the phone about 2 months. Recently my phone has been force closing apps and restarting randomly. It looks as though it may be using too much RAM. Now I have tried to update my software to 4.4.4 and it will not update. At first it would go through the download and start to install only to show a red triangle with an exclamation point. It did this about 6 times. Now when I try to install it says sorry you couldn't update no changes have been made. error 404. Please help!
    If you're rooted or on a custom Rom, you cannot update. You'll have to flash 4.4.4 manually.
    10-29-2014 07:39 PM
    Not rooted nor on a custom ROM
    10-29-2014 07:50 PM
    I know it's a pain, but I'd do a factory reset then get the update. I'd reinstall the apps one by one to see if one of them is misbehaving. Good luck, I hope you can fix this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Brittany Shultz likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:13 PM
    I'd also guess you have an app acting up and hogging your RAM. Unless you have a lot of background apps purposely running, I don't think you should be getting those kinds of errors. Maybe if you go into the app settings to check the running ones, you'll find the rogue app. Then you can try disabling/uninstalling it to see if that helps your issues.
    10-29-2014 08:23 PM
    I have tried stopping different apps however it doesn't seem to solve my problem. It's mostly apps like Amazon app suite and google play services, ones that automatically run.
    10-29-2014 08:25 PM
    Tried this. Still would not update. Went back to installing 25% and then went to the screen with the red triangle and exclamation mark. When rebooted it said update failed/410
    airtime likes this.
    10-29-2014 08:40 PM
    Have you tried booting into safe mode, and see if you can run the update from there? (You can also try running your phone is safe mode for awhile and see if you can rule out/in 3rd party apps as the cause of your problems). Like a lot of the other posters I would suspect some app you've installed is causing the problem.

Safe Mode:
    Restart the Device in Safe Mode - The all new HTC One® (M8)

You can also try a system clear cache which might make things work better for you (make sure to shut off fast boot first).
    Wipe cache partition: HTC One (M8) | T-Mobile Support

Also if you don't already have it on your phone download, install, and run the Verizon Antivirus/Antimalware app:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=-7GVOtuq
    10-29-2014 09:19 PM
    I'm going to try the install in safe mode. I've been using lookout security but will try the verizon antivirus. And I have already wiped my cache.
    10-29-2014 09:33 PM
    I'm going to try the install in safe mode. I've been using lookout security but will try the verizon antivirus. And I have already wiped my cache.
    This "/system/framework/framework3.odex" has unexpected contents." is a little worrisome almost like a app you installed has a logger or a tracker included. If safe mode doesn't work for you i think i would head to Verizon and let them deal with it.
    10-29-2014 10:22 PM
    Did you solve your problenm or still continue . İf u fixed pls share us .because i have same problem.it says polarisoffice unexpecty Problem .
    01-28-2015 03:57 PM
    Same here.. HTC m8 never rooted. I even sent it away for a warranty repair and it's still doing the same thing with the lollipop update. I've tried factory reset wiping cache and safe mode over and over I'm starting to get angry. The stupid Rogers bloatware seems to be interfering with the update... Someone please help with this.
    03-07-2015 03:31 PM