Ok, I've found one thing I don't like about the on screen controls (home, back, and recent apps). Had the phone for a couple months and I can see a slight burn in from them due to being on the screen. It's very faint and can only see it on something like a dark grey screen in immersive mode. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse, but I've seen some apps that claim to fix it by running test screens. Anyone know if those actually work?
    10-29-2014 10:18 PM
    Ok, I've found one thing I don't like about the on screen controls (home, back, and recent apps). Had the phone for a couple months and I can see a slight burn in from them due to being on the screen. It's very faint and can only see it on something like a dark grey screen in immersive mode. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse, but I've seen some apps that claim to fix it by running test screens. Anyone know if those actually work?
    Are the shapes of the buttons burned into the screen? What does it look like?
    10-29-2014 10:52 PM
    It looks just like the buttons, but the back button is most noticeable (albeit still faint). I verified it by taking a screen shot when in immersive mode in a game where I noticed the burn in. The shadowed buttons are not visible in the screen shot, so it's not a display issue with the software.
    10-29-2014 11:09 PM
    It looks just like the buttons, but the back button is most noticeable (albeit still faint). I verified it by taking a screen shot when in immersive mode in a game where I noticed the burn in. The shadowed buttons are not visible in the screen shot, so it's not a display issue with the software.
    Can you post the screenshot? I haven't heard of this yet.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-30-2014 06:04 AM
    Can you post the screenshot? I haven't heard of this yet.

Posted via Android Central App
    As I said in my last post, it doesn't show in a screenshot. Though I was messing around trying to see if it was getting worse last night, but the burn in was gone. Sounds like something to be conscious of if you have your screen on a lot. I'm going to keep an eye on it.
    10-30-2014 10:01 AM
    As I said in my last post, it doesn't show in a screenshot. Though I was messing around trying to see if it was getting worse last night, but the burn in was gone. Sounds like something to be conscious of if you have your screen on a lot. I'm going to keep an eye on it.
    You're sure its not when the buttons fade away?
    10-30-2014 10:05 AM
    Mhmm. The time I saw it was several minutes into the game with the phone sideways and volume buttons facing down. So even if the buttons were showing, they would have displayed on the current right side of the screen (same side as the camera since the phone was flipped).
    10-30-2014 10:20 AM
    Mhmm. The time I saw it was several minutes into the game with the phone sideways and volume buttons facing down. So even if the buttons were showing, they would have displayed on the current right side of the screen (same side as the camera since the phone was flipped).
    Ah gotcha. Well that sucks, I'll keep an eye on mine now!
    10-30-2014 11:32 AM