Why isn't my HTC ONE M8 deleting files?

Sampersand

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
HTC ONE M8 | Issue deleting files

So I have this crazy problem…

When I delete movies, picture, album art, … from my phone it takes about 4 hours until it suddenly decides to place them back. Uploading movies of about 3GB each time, wanting to check out descent quality movies, this is truly a problem (even though I have 64GB in the slot).
It is especially annoying if I use about 5 minutes of my time to delete about 300 pictures and four hours later they are all of a sudden back…

The first solution that pops up will be: do you have third party apps installed? Yes I do, but Dropbox is not causing this issue…

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M8 | Issue deleting files

Welcome to Android Central! That's pretty strange. How are you deleting the files--are you using a file manager app? When they come back, do they seem to be downloading to the phone?

Sampersand

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M8 | Issue deleting files

I tried using the standard file manager app at first, but it keeps crashing on my macbook…
I just pull out my micro-sd and direct through the folders to delete/upload.

Pictures:
I navigate to the stock app for pictures, push the picture till it gets the check-icon and start selecting the items. In the end I press the trash-icon.
Videos:
I navigate to the "vlc" app, press the item till the menu pops up and press delete.

It also happens when I'm out, so they don't re-download to my phone I think.
It looks like it reloads from the cache, which I constantly clear…
I don't get it… it's super-odd. And really irritating for that matter!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34