Why is my battery life draining so fast?

Somu Vanka

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
why my battery life is draining so fast?

i recently got my new htc one m8 and been using it for one month the battery got worse now i go to sleep in the night with 80% battery on my phone and wake up in the morning with 58% or even less what should i do i got warranty for my phone does they fix this problem please help me guys

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why my battery life is draining so fast?

Welcome to Android Central! Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

Same problem. My m8 is draining 8% every hour without any usage at power saver mode. I also marked it's draining even at extreme save mode. Any ideas? I'm tired of charging it.

mbaseball3

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

Check out the usage of ItsOn app in the power usage section. After this latest 4.4.4 update it has been a major battery hog. Horrible update from Sprint. And not happy about it at all.

crawfojj

May 8, 2012
Visit site

My battery has been horrible the last few days so just looked at my power usage and ItsOn (id.itsonservice) has used 53.8% of my battery today. Just did a little search and sounds like resetting the phone helps if you haven't done it since the latest update. Sucks, but will most likely try it since it's driving me crazy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, ItsOn seems to be causing a lot of trouble, but that's only on certain Sprint phones.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I am not on Sprint and my phone's battery life has been horrible on 4.4.4. It's either the update caused this or my battery is just wearing out even though I've only had this phone for about three months if not less. My battery drains rather quickly even with screen off but to be honest I always have data on (either WiFi or 3G) and sync activated for gmail, hotmail, and whatsapp.

dblazer

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I'm not on Sprint either and my battery life been draining faster than when I was on android 4.4.3 since I been on android4.4.4 I don't even get a full day of battery life now ,I get about 13 hr a day and nothing running in my phone

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm not Sprint customer either , so i didn't find It'sOn app in battery usage. Is the hard reset for my phone an only decision or what can you advise?

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I doubt clearing the cache would affect the battery life in any way, though. It's either the software or the firmware, in my opinion, and even custom ROMs and kernels aren't helping.

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm on Sprint and I don't have that ap. I've searched and search for it but to no avail and my battery life has suffered also since the upgrade to 4.4.4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I doubt clearing the cache would affect the battery life in any way, though. It's either the software or the firmware, in my opinion, and even custom ROMs and kernels aren't helping.

True, but it won't hurt to try. I've certainly seen instances where this helped after a major system update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Do you have an SD card inserted? A corrupt media file can cause that.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

There could also be a corrupt media file somewhere on Internal Storage. Do you have a lot of photos, videos, or music stored on Internal Storage?

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site

I've made factory reset with SD and Internal storage clearing and "Media" disappeared so you were right. Actually my SD was 97% full of music but i didn't think it could make any problems. I hope it won't drain my battery anymore. Thanks :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc