Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

This is extremely frustrating: I keep getting a push-notification from ItsOn indicating a reboot is necessary in order to "complete activation" and gives me a 30 second countdown and an option to reboot later.

If I choose the "Later" option, the notification comes back in only a few minutes. If I don't see the notification, it automatically reboots the phone. Upon reboot, the the same ItsOn notification is roughly the first thing that appears. After choosing "Later" once, I don't get the option to postpone a reboot a few minutes later.

Not only is this frustrating because of the constant unnecessary rebooting, but I've got to enter my encryption passcode each time this happens or else the phone is stuck in airplane mode on the startup screen.

Is there a fix to this? My phone is basically useless right now.

JD

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint ItsOn reboot loop-184609.jpg  
    11-07-2014 10:42 AM
    The second notification

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint ItsOn reboot loop-184661.jpg  
    11-07-2014 10:54 AM
    Yes. Same issue here. It seems to have started with a text update from last night.

Please provide any info on a fix. Preferably, one that does not involve a hard reset.

TWS
    11-07-2014 01:27 PM
    The reboot, from what I've been told, is supposed to fix the problem.

But if it's continuing to reboot on a loop, maybe try to dial ##72786#>Menu>Reset. I did this on my phone last night (it's not a hard reset), and I also received a reboot yesterday afternoon. So far, ItsOn has been a lot more tame this morning.

Also, check out the other thread we have going on in this forum regarding this issue.
    11-07-2014 01:46 PM
    I did try the reset number -- did not work. Tech Supports only answer is a hard reset,
    11-07-2014 02:08 PM
    From Jason at HTC:

Mike, thank you for your feedback. This issue had been resolved by Its On. They have setup the fingerprint so that production devices can be fully updated. Its On will automatically retry and download the service APK which will resolve the issue.
    11-07-2014 05:45 PM