Play Store won't update since factory reset?

FreakSquadJK

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I performed a factory reset yesterday (I am on 4.4.4, Verizon M8, never rooted or modded), and my Play Store hasn't updated from version 4.9.13.

I've tapped the version number in the Settings screen and it continues to say that it is up to date, but the 5.0.x versions have been out for over a month now (and I had one of them prior to resetting yesterday) so I wouldn't think I would still be subject to a staged rollout...

I've tried clearing cache and data for both the Play Store and Download Manager, clearing system cache, rebooting, etc. and I'm still getting told that it's up to date. Do staged rollouts sometimes impact you again if you do a factory data reset?

Thanks for any ideas that anyone has!

Posted via the Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it's still being rolled out. You will need to wait for it again unless you want to install the apk yourself, which you can find online. It will update itself though if you just leave it alone and wait.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just checked and on version 5.0.38 now. I did get an update today, but not sure what it was. Everything looks and acts the same. The only way I noticed it updated was I happened to see AVG pop up a notification that it was scanning a Play update.

That brings up a related question from me too. Is there a way to prevent the Play app itself from auto updating? I prefer to update apps while on Wi-Fi and the fact Play can auto update on my tiered mobile data without my knowledge or approval bugs the heck out of me.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I just checked and on version 5.0.38 now. I did get an update today, but not sure what it was. Everything looks and acts the same. The only way I noticed it updated was I happened to see AVG pop up a notification that it was scanning a Play update.

That brings up a related question from me too. Is there a way to prevent the Play app itself from auto updating? I prefer to update apps while on Wi-Fi and the fact Play can auto update on my tiered mobile data without my knowledge or approval bugs the heck out of me.

Well if you have a rooted phone you have options. Otherwise, you can turn off background data for the app so that it will not use your mobile data to update. If you have paid apps that need to check licensing with the play store, you may need to turn background data back on for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia