I want to back up the data on my htc m8 using htc backup, but i can't figure out how to do it. my current backup account is set to my google account and I don't even have an option to change it to my htc account. I am using verizon and I think I heard that they disabled HTC Backup. Is this true?

If I am unable to use HTC backup, what would be the best method to back up everything( including pictures, videos, app data, messages) without rooting?

I want to back everything up to my computer and then transfer it to a different phone.
    11-17-2014 04:14 PM
    Is the HTC Backup app in your app drawer? If not, try going to settings, Backup and Reset, then actually touch the first option with the Google icon. It should allow you to select Google or HTC Backup. If that doesn't work, them you probably don't have HTC backup indeed.

Hit "thanks" to everyone who may have helped you (it costs nothing)!
    Read the OP!!!!
    11-17-2014 04:53 PM
    The HTC Backup app is not in my app drawer and it is not in Backup and Reset either. I think it is probably because it is not on verizon...
    11-17-2014 06:13 PM
    Ok, very well. Here's my last try. Be sure to nandroid first.

Download, and push them to your /system/app folder. Then change the file permissions to match the other apps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tx1c2wqhkk...ackup.apk?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqdfwtbnh5...Reset.apk?dl=0

You know....I didn't ask if you were rooted...are you?

Edit: I just read the last question in your first post. Pictures and videos are NOT backed up through HTC Backup. It is best to move everything to the ext SD card, and put the card in your new device. If your new device doesn't have a card slot, then put the files on a computer.

Text messages can be backed up through several apps on the play store, but not MMS. I don't know of any, at least.
    11-17-2014 07:25 PM