Need Help Clear System Cache

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to clear system cache to see if resolves some issues with WiFi I am having. But when I am trying to do this but when I get to the screen the red triangle, press and hold then VOLUME UP and POWER buttons, the screen will go blank the the phone will just reboot into the OS.

Procedure

1) Power Device Off
2 Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN and POWER until you get into the system menu.
3) Press VOLUME DOWN, highlight the RECOVERY option press POWER

Wait for Red Triangle to appear.....

4) Press and hold VOLUME UP and POWER to enter option the clear system cache.

At step 4 is where it just reboots into the OS, I never get the option to clear cache. I have also tried just pressing both VOLUME UP and POWER and releasing, no luck.

Am I doing something wrong or do I have some other issue going on? I'm on 4.4.4 so I would think the procedure is correct.

Lok52

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Skipped over this somehow: Step 4 press and hold volume up, but click power (like you were going to lock the screen).

I had the same problem, the directions make it sound like you need to hold both buttons down, not just the volume up button. Really irritating when the phone just keeps cycling off.

Posted via Android Central App

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
What does clearing the system cache achieve and does it wipe out all of the settings?

It doesn't wipe settings or any data.

If I understand correctly, it wipes the stored files which are saved to help apps and Android itself run faster.

They are restored once you restart after wiping cache

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie