Hey all .. .

So I have an HTC M8 (Android 4.4.4) and recently moved internal phone storage data (photo's and video) via the "Make More Space" option (Settings\Storage\Make More Space) where it proceeded to do exactly that and move it to my SD Card.

With the operation complete, all of my album pictures were now under a directory on the SD card and the default google photo app no longer recognized the photos location as they had just moved. Using a File Manager App, I looked through the directory and found them, but to my dismay virtually all of them (350+ of the 412 photos) were no longer functioning or recognizable.

no photo phone app could display them so I have a sinking feeling that the files are somehow corrupted.

I plugged my phone into my computer to see if maybe there was a remote chance that it would have better luck . . nothing. Lastly, I tried moving my photo's back to their original root directory to see if that would help - suffice to say . . . I am at a loss.

Also, I opened a corrupted file in notepad to see if there was crazy gobbledygoop-speak like normal jpg would have - nothing but the letter "y"

last note: I have the encrypt SD card content checked. Do you think this might have messed things up?

anything you can do to help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time,

Dave
    11-21-2014 01:28 PM
    Sorry to not really ANSWER the Q ... but nobody else did and this question is the best wording for my problem ... so :

I have this problem too:
    phone "says" it is ... low on memory
    Check settings - storage : seems to be quite full. So wondering: "can I use this sd card ?" ( there is a slot for it, I recently put a card in ... )
    YESS: I find a setting "to make more space"

Moving over "the photo's" seems to take forever, though. Did that operation really finish ? Or time out ? At least I did not get a battery failure error.

Now, "camera" app ( the HTC One M8 original camera app, with a recent update) does not find the photo's any more.
    WORSE :
    when I find them (inside a folder MakeMoreSpace on the SD card) they have CHANGED : all photo's now have the same DATE and TIME ... of the initial "move to SD" operation. So no more automatic timestamp-related "events" or "folders" or "albums".
    PLUS
    Gallery App does not "find" them either ... only FX File Manager (free, not rooted)
    That one doesn't show them full-screen: they are "cut out photo's" now.

What happened ?
    Can I recover these originals ?
    Can they be "repaired" into "normal HTC photo's" again ?

H. Rens
    Brussels - BE
    05-04-2015 11:06 AM