What is amazon cloud player and why is it showing up in my notification bar?

Zakappel

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I dont use amazon for anything other than ordering stuff online. I started noticing a little "a" with the sprocket next to it in my notification bar, but before i had a chance to see what it was it would disappear. I completely disabled amazon on my phone because i've been having performance issues, and then this morning i caught it again, swiped down quickly and it said amazon cloud player, either updating or syncing or something to that effect. If amazon is disabled, and i did a search on my apps for amazon and only the main app shows up (that's currently disabled,) does anyone know what it is, and why its running on my phone?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I dont use amazon for anything other than ordering stuff online. I started noticing a little "a" with the sprocket next to it in my notification bar, but before i had a chance to see what it was it would disappear.

I have two Amazon apps---the Amazon shopping app just called Amazon. That is what usually sends those push notifications.

And Amazon music.

Perhaps disabling was insufficient or it wasn't completely done, OR it keeps doing it even if disabled. If you go to the MENU of the Amazon App, you can turn notifications OFF. That should do it, whether the app is enabled or disabled. You probably should enable the program first (if disabled) to make sure that takes effect.