Cannot Enable "High Performance Mode" Despite having Disabled "Extreme Power Saving Mode" (Verizon)

thesilverbanger

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Cannot Enable "High Performance Mode" Despite having Disabled "Extreme Power Saving Mode" (Verizon)

Hi, I am trying to enable High Performance Mode on my Verizon HTC One M8. I have successfully enabled it in the past but recently I have been receiving the following message whenever I click "High Performance Mode" in "Developer Options"

"To enable High performance mode, you must turn off Power saver and Extreme power saving mode in Setting>Power"

In the developer's options screen, I tap "Enable High Performance Mode" and I receive the following prompt:

Screenshot_2014-12-01-20-44-42.jpg

I've done what I can do to ensure that Extreme Power Saving Mode is turned off, as specified in the aforementioned prompt.

Screenshot_2014-12-01-20-46-31.jpg

I'm at a loss as to how I can enable the high performance mode. Are there power saving options I have not thought to disable? My phone is a Verizon version, which some cursory research suggests does not have the "normal power saving mode" but only the "Extreme Power Saving Mode", which as I have mentioned, is already disabled. Also, my phone is not rooted. Lastly, I have also tried disabling all of the options in "Settings" --> "Power" but to no avail.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Cannot Enable "High Performance Mode" Despite having Disabled "Extreme Power Saving Mode" (Veriz

High Performance Mode means "run the CPU very fast".

Extreme Power Saving Mode means "run the CPU slow".

If you can figure out how to do 60mph at the same time you're doing 2mph, you'll figure out how to save power (by slowing the CPU down) while improving performance (by speeding the CPU up).

thesilverbanger

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot Enable "High Performance Mode" Despite having Disabled "Extreme Power Saving Mode" (Veriz

High Performance Mode means "run the CPU very fast".

Extreme Power Saving Mode means "run the CPU slow".

If you can figure out how to do 60mph at the same time you're doing 2mph, you'll figure out how to save power (by slowing the CPU down) while improving performance (by speeding the CPU up).

If you review my post, you'll see I am not trying to run both these features at once. I want to enable High Performance Mode. My Extreme Power Saving Mode is disabled and yet I still can't enable High Performance Mode.

Last edited:

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi, I am trying to enable High Performance Mode on my Verizon HTC One M8. I have successfully enabled it in the past but recently I have been receiving the following message whenever I click "High Performance Mode" in "Developer Options"

"To enable High performance mode, you must turn off Power saver and Extreme power saving mode in Setting>Power"

In the developer's options screen, I tap "Enable High Performance Mode" and I receive the following prompt:

View attachment 151769

I've done what I can do to ensure that Extreme Power Saving Mode is turned off, as specified in the aforementioned prompt.

View attachment 151770

I'm at a loss as to how I can enable the high performance mode. Are there power saving options I have not thought to disable? My phone is a Verizon version, which some cursory research suggests does not have the "normal power saving mode" but only the "Extreme Power Saving Mode", which as I have mentioned, is already disabled. Also, my phone is not rooted. Lastly, I have also tried disabling all of the options in "Settings" --> "Power" but to no avail.

It seems your phone thinks the regular Power Saving Mode is on. I can't remember where you disable that, but try. My guess is Verizon uselessly disabled another feature. Really, if you want to have a phone you have complete access to, you should not be on nor acquire phones through Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Just to explain what Ben means

This is what the standard power menu looks like

My M8 posted this

Attachments

• 31248.jpg
    31248.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 36

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site

Just to explain what Ben means

This is what the standard power menu looks like

My M8 posted this

So useless Verizon disabled that toggle which means the OP is screwed. God, I hate Verizon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Garrett Flatt

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site

I have this problem too. I have the exact same set up, only I have the M7. I was always able to run high performance mode and extreme power saving mode (not simultaneously of course). Then one day, I experienced the same issue as yours. I was able to put it into extreme power saving mode, but not high performance mode when eps was off (receiving the exact same stupid message that power saver is on). I thought maybe it was due to an app like Clean Master. I uninstalled it and no luck. What did work was completely restoring my HTC. However, despite not installing any power saving apps or cleaners, I just recently had the same thing happen again! I don't get what the deal is, and I don't feel like restoring my phone once again as I just did it two months ago. How ridiculous. They really need to fix eps already. There's also a problem in which using the alarm with eps mode on causes the phone to back out of eps when the alarm is shut off, and sometimes it seems like the alarm didn't even go off cause of eps mode. Anyone have any ideas? Hopefully it's fixed when Lollipop is released for it. But sheesh, who knows when that will happen.

Griffin Walter

May 27, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 151769

View attachment 151770

Have you ever tried restart your phone and press the button again.
I think "High Performance Mode" and "Battery Saver" can both been used at the same time.
What's your Verizon Software no., and I suggest you need to tell the issue to your carrier.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance