Ok, this kitkat update is really doing my head in for my htc one m8. I need some clarification on what's going on. I want to know what is going on and is anything happening to resolve the issue with it. I have had issues twice now my music files, photos, videos and apps suddenly became corrupted or weren't being read on my sd card. After a while i finally found that it was due to the update loosing most of my files on the sd card I formatted the card and uploaded some photos from my laptop to my phone. Now yesterday all of a sudden it happened again with my camera photos and few apps but the files that were uploaded on the card were fine. The camera storage is set to SD card as with everything else. I love the phone but with the kitkat update i feel like crushing the phone and sd card!!!! I am in the midst of the same process as last time but i am worried its going to happen again I NEED HELP PLEASE!!
    12-02-2014 10:38 AM
    since I bought this phone the only thing I hate is a cant put my hd films/tv shows on it, avi, mp4,mkv nothing, if I try to do it it says "windows explorer has stopped working" I have formatted the thing twice and started again, no change but even htc say you can? how!!???
    12-02-2014 02:01 PM
    The M8 has only ever had kitkat, so nothing has changed since new

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-02-2014 08:56 PM
    The M8 has only ever had kitkat, so nothing has changed since new
    There has been at least two updates to the M8, depending on which model/carrier version you have. Mine started with 4.4.2, and received two updates to 4.4.4, but all were still technically Kit Kat. So it's possible that had something to do with it. It could also be that the card is corrupted. Hard to say what the problem is.
    12-02-2014 09:40 PM
    There has been at least two updates to the M8, depending on which model/carrier version you have. Mine started with 4.4.2, and received two updates to 4.4.4, but all were still technically Kit Kat. So it's possible that had something to do with it. It could also be that the card is corrupted. Hard to say what the problem is.
    Based on what the OP wrote, I agree with you on the corrupted sd card point.
    since I bought this phone the only thing I hate is a cant put my hd films/tv shows on it, avi, mp4,mkv nothing, if I try to do it it says "windows explorer has stopped working" I have formatted the thing twice and started again, no change but even htc say you can? how!!???
    Have you considered that the problem could be from your computer?

Sent from my HTC One M8
    12-02-2014 11:05 PM