On my new HTC One M8 (AT&T) when I receive a call from a blocked number it comes up Private Number in the stock android phone app, even though I have that number identified in my stock Android Contacts app. When this happened on my old HTC One V (Virgin Mobile), it identified it using the Contacts app. Any way to get it to identify it on the M8, without having to switch to a different set of apps?
    12-03-2014 12:53 PM
    On my new HTC One M8 (AT&T) when I receive a call from a blocked number it comes up Private Number in the stock android phone app, even though I have that number identified in my stock Android Contacts app. When this happened on my old HTC One V (Virgin Mobile), it identified it using the Contacts app. Any way to get it to identify it on the M8, without having to switch to a different set of apps?
    Huh? If it's blocked, your phone doesn't know the number and obviously can't check it against your contacts. Or do you mean the name is just blocked?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-03-2014 11:54 PM
    The callerID of a blocked call isn't sent to your phone, so I don't know what you saw on your HTC One, but it wasn't the callerID of a blocked call. Since it's not sent to the phone, there's no way you can get it (without a court order signed by a judge, ordering your carrier to tell you who the calling carrier was, then another order to the calling carrier asking them for the number that placed the call). You can block anonymous calls, so the caller is forced to not block the callerID if he wants to call you, but that's about it.
    12-04-2014 12:24 AM