I think started occurring after doing the 4.4.4 update.

My phone will randomly drop all Sprint connectivity. if I try to make a call, I hit dial and the keypad disappears but it does not dial. Sending a SMS fails and I have no data connectivity. I show that the 3g is connected and the logo is even spinning, but I have no data ability (I get no data network error messages when trying to access something). A reboot fixes it for sometimes and hour or days and then it returns. This seems to occur after bouncing between 3g and 4g signals. Wi-Fi works properly during this and I don't recall seeing this issue (or at least with the data) when connected via 4g.

Anything to suggest trying before I factory reset this?
    12-08-2014 02:36 PM
    Have the same problem periodically, would also love a answer or something close to it lol

Posted via Android Central App
    12-08-2014 04:49 PM
    After happening 3 times yesterday, with the 3rd time being right around the corner from a Sprint store, I stopped in to have a chat. Apparently this is a known M8 issues, across all carriers, with the 4.4.4. update. HTC is working on a fix, but no estimate is available. Factory resetting most likely won't work. Sprint recommended doing a firmware downgrade at one of their service centers.
    12-09-2014 08:37 AM