Help! HTC One M8 Low quality photos.

unreax

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have HTC One M8 but when I take photo, the quality is like from 2 megapixel camera. I don't know where is the problem, is it software or hardware. I was looking in the camera settings to improve the quality but have not found anything similar. I've attached a picture taken with the phone to see the result.

IMAG0002.jpg

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
If you want to take a good outside photo with a bright sky, then with the M8 camera open tap on the sky on the screen so that the camera can adapt with the light and give you a better shot.

Tapping at different areas of the camera screen will show you different results depending on the light at the point you tapped.

For great outside shots tap on the bright areas.

For great inside shots tap on the dark areas.

Sent from my HTC One M8

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Also, make sure the lens is clean. It may sound silly but I've noticed with my M8, I seem to find myself placing my index finger right on the lens when I'm using the phone....which of course leaves finger prints that smug the lens.

Edit: Is the picture that you provided taken in zoom mode? If so, I've noticed the quality of the picture degrades if you take a zoomed picture. Check to see if that is the case.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking either a dirty lens, or maybe even suffering from the scratched lens coating issue. If wiping it with a clean lint free cloth doesn't help, look at the lens itself and see if it's scratched. It's been a common problem that a coating on it is prone to scratching and there's a long thread on here about various ways people have cleaned it off. I personally used a Magic Eraser with a little water in it (squeezing out the excess first) and the lens is good as new again.

evansu

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I thought it might help but I switched over to Camera+ app to solve this issue, I found the photos are more sharp and color wise realistic without the need to toggle between settings on the go.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Verizoned

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone. I have HTC One M8 but when I take photo, the quality is like from 2 megapixel camera. I don't know where is the problem, is it software or hardware. I was looking in the camera settings to improve the quality but have not found anything similar. I've attached a picture taken with the phone to see the result.

View attachment 153731

Still messing with my new M8 but the pictures really are terrible. I think it's just a limit of the 4mp superpixel tech. I'm trying a lot of phones and the M8 is the worst camera by far.

It has a host of problems -

1. First only 4mp, detail just isn't going to compare
2. Lens flare resistance is terrible. Must be a very cheap lens
3. Very poor dynamic range. Whites blow out way too easy. If you want to stop that (by exposing for the brigher areas), you lose all detail in shadow/darker areas of the shot. I'm pretty confused on this because if there are only 4mp I would have thought those pixels would actually each be larger than on other cameras and that "should" give you better dynamic range. It doesn't seem to though. The camera is still pretty noisy in indoor lighting. I'd say it's noise performance is about 1 stop better than normal cameras..but to get that extra stop you give up resolution and then couple that with a crappy lens..and you get meh.

Other than that, I think it's the best all around phone though. Sound is really good, screen is very easy to read, much better than the Note 4 I had and the Moto X I have. It's only weak area is the camera...

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Still messing with my new M8 but the pictures really are terrible. I think it's just a limit of the 4mp superpixel tech. I'm trying a lot of phones and the M8 is the worst camera by far.

It has a host of problems -

1. First only 4mp, detail just isn't going to compare
2. Lens flare resistance is terrible. Must be a very cheap lens
3. Very poor dynamic range. Whites blow out way too easy. If you want to stop that (by exposing for the brigher areas), you lose all detail in shadow/darker areas of the shot. I'm pretty confused on this because if there are only 4mp I would have thought those pixels would actually each be larger than on other cameras and that "should" give you better dynamic range. It doesn't seem to though. The camera is still pretty noisy in indoor lighting. I'd say it's noise performance is about 1 stop better than normal cameras..but to get that extra stop you give up resolution and then couple that with a crappy lens..and you get meh.

Other than that, I think it's the best all around phone though. Sound is really good, screen is very easy to read, much better than the Note 4 I had and the Moto X I have. It's only weak area is the camera...
They called it ultrapixel not superpixel, any way, HTC did release an HTC One M8 with a normal 13mp camera, they called it HTC One M8 Eye.

So new users actually got the choice to either go for the original M8 with the 4ultrapixel camera. Or go for the M8 Eye with the normal 13megapixel camera.

That's why I find it strange that we still see new negative reviews about the original M8 camera, as based on the old negative reviews, HTC has already provided an alternative, M8 Eye in this case. But they can't do anything about the already existing original M8

Sent from my HTC One M8

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown