Hi All

Newbie. I have a bit of a pickle I'm in.
    My HTC One M8 was in my back pocket and I got caught in rain without an umbrella (wasn't a crazy storm or anything, though)
    I'm guessing water got underneath the screen. Rice didn't work and I had it shut off for about a day.
    A small section of the right part of the screen stopped working. Now my P, L, backspace and enter keys on the touch screen does not work.
    Now, I think I'm still under HTC warranty. The water damage indicator does not indicate any water damage.
    Do you think HTC will honor their warranty?

I'm so disappointed how poorly made this phone is! Just a little bit of rain caused all this mess
    12-15-2014 09:11 AM
    It's still water..... The phone is not water proof. Poorly made, the one is far from that.

Have you called them? I'm assuming you didn't get any type of insurance when you purchased.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-15-2014 09:13 AM
    I have insurance with my carrier. They are charging way too much.

Poorly made in my opinion just because of a little rain. Love the phone but I work outdoors so probably not the best phone for me.
    12-15-2014 09:15 AM
    The galaxy s5 seems it would suit you more. What's the carrier charging &
    Contact htc to see what they have to say.

12-15-2014 09:41 AM
    I was thinking that as well.
    People are trying to convince me to transition to the dark side (Apple lol)

I'll update what HTC says.
    12-15-2014 09:49 AM
    Man (or woman up, i dont want to discriminate) up and pay the insurance fee.
    Warranty covers manufacturer defect. You getting the phone wet is not a warranty-able issue and more then likely your experiencing corrosion related issues and thats why part of the touchscreen keyboard is not working. Sending it in like that is highly likely to get a warranty reject from HTC as this type of corrosion is visible by techs.
    Hopefully your able to get it resolved. I hate to see the M8 treated this way
    12-15-2014 03:54 PM
    The galaxy s5 seems it would suit you more. What's the carrier charging &
    Contact htc to see what they have to say.

If you are refereeing to the "water proof" feature, then the galaxy s5 is a joke compared to the sony z series

Sent from my HTC One M8
    12-16-2014 01:22 PM
    Hi All

Newbie. I have a bit of a pickle I'm in.
    My HTC One M8 was in my back pocket and I got caught in rain without an umbrella (wasn't a crazy storm or anything, though)
    I'm guessing water got underneath the screen. Rice didn't work and I had it shut off for about a day.
    A small section of the right part of the screen stopped working. Now my P, L, backspace and enter keys on the touch screen does not work.
    Now, I think I'm still under HTC warranty. The water damage indicator does not indicate any water damage.
    Do you think HTC will honor their warranty?

I'm so disappointed how poorly made this phone is! Just a little bit of rain caused all this mess
    If the LDI (Liquid Damage Indicator) is not triggered, then there is a chance that you can still use your warranty.

M8 Liquid Damage Indicator
    https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10836

So just take it to them, and don't mention anything about the rain, and see your luck.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    12-16-2014 01:33 PM
    I never said it was waterproof, lol. Don't put words in my mouth. -_-

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 09:19 AM
    I have the S5 and was just speaking from my experience because I work outside as well and mine has been great for it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 09:22 AM
    Man (or woman up, i dont want to discriminate) up and pay the insurance fee.
    Warranty covers manufacturer defect. You getting the phone wet is not a warranty-able issue and more then likely your experiencing corrosion related issues and thats why part of the touchscreen keyboard is not working. Sending it in like that is highly likely to get a warranty reject from HTC as this type of corrosion is visible by techs.
    Hopefully your able to get it resolved. I hate to see the M8 treated this way
    This. This is not a warranty issue, it's an insurance claim.

And also, just because you don't see the one water indicator triggered, doesn't mean there isn't more inside the phone that you can't see. Manufacturers typically will put at least two on different locations on the phone. And even if those aren't triggered, if water got into the boards, they will be able to see residue or rust on the components.
    12-18-2014 10:15 AM