I've done this three times, I fully charged my phone before going to sleep to 100% and after I unplugged it I turned of data, wifi, any type of Internet usage. Bluetooth, nfc, etc. when I woke up my phone was at around 80% percent! Second test: charged to 100% before going to sleep, unplugged it, turned off everything previously AND put device on extreme power saving mode. Woke up next morning to find my phone at 83% I don't know why this happens, should I charge my phone overnight as I used to do? I heard that's bad but Im not sure. I might root it as well so maybe that will help but as of now, any simmilar problems with other htc one m8 users. Tips? Help? Did the second test one more time yesterday and same thing happens. I am using an HTC one m8 32gb At&t
    12-18-2014 10:48 AM
    That's really odd. I've had my phone on EPS and it's only drained ~4% over ~10 hours.
    12-18-2014 12:33 PM
    Have you ever made a full cycle charge? In which you need to let it drain until it is below 20%, and then start charging until it reach 100% and keep it charging for about 15 extra minutes (100% doesn't really means the battery is full)

Note that if you want to do that the right way, during charging you must not use your M8 so that the charging process goes smoothly.

In general, using your smartphone intensively while charging (playing games, watching videos, ... etc) can shorten the lifetime of its battery, which can translate into a faster drainage.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    12-18-2014 01:42 PM
    Mine does the same exact thing, even in extreme power save mode. Really irritates me. I've tried every recommended theory of charge/discharge and it does the same thing. It has to be a software issue. Hopefully Lollipop fixes it. Until then I'm using my Note 4 and loving the battery life but I do miss my M8. I need a solid all day battery for work though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-21-2014 05:34 PM
    Mine does the same exact thing, even in extreme power save mode. Really irritates me. I've tried every recommended theory of charge/discharge and it does the same thing. It has to be a software issue. Hopefully Lollipop fixes it. Until then I'm using my Note 4 and loving the battery life but I do miss my M8. I need a solid all day battery for work though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That's strange... Mine is usually at about 91% overnight, with everything on except NFC. I leave WiFi, gps, and Bluetooth on always and use WiFi calling at home. Auto updates are also on...... The only time I ever complain about battery life is if I'm on the road and in sketchy service or roaming, and still get though most of the day before I consider putting it on the charger.....
    12-21-2014 11:30 PM
    You might just have a weak or spotty cell signal...

Posted via Android Central App
    12-23-2014 09:06 AM
    Try keeping wifi on, keep wifi on during sleep- always (in advanced settings) and report back.
    12-23-2014 12:17 PM
    Frankly, I leave my phone on the charger all night. I also use my phone to stream Netflix and Hulu while charging. Also, I use Bluetooth 100% of the time due to my smartwatch.

I have seen no battery life issues. Even after 10-12 hours at work, using it regularly, I typically come home with about 60% battery life. I have let the phone drain to below 10% only 2 times in 8 months.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-29-2014 12:13 AM