"Unable to Start Camera" -- ??

ArcticFamily

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
This morning I went to use my std HTC Camera app and get the message "Unable to Start Camera" message. I last used the camera app Sunday, Dec 28th (yesterday) @ around 5pm.

I had this happen one other time when the M8 was new and that was a bug in the app Last Pass which was fixed w/in the same 24hr period last spring. I uninstalled Last Pass and the only new App I installed yesterday, restarted the phone and the camera app still doesn't work.

Other camera apps also fail to start.

Anybody else having a similar experience?

Tips?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi. This is a bit random but anyways. I don't own an HTC One M8. I've got a moto x 2014, but I'm just being nosy in here! I had exactly the same thing happen to me on my phone though. I tried to take a picture with my camera the other day and got an error message like yours. I found out that the cause was that another app that uses the camera was still open in the background. When I closed that app completely the camera app worked. So basically, if there's another app open that can require access to the camera it may interfere with you taking a picture with your camera app until you close it down. May be the same on your phone?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited: