Strange behavior charging with Quick Charger 2.0

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I got a Quick Charger today that's using Qualcomm's 2.0 technology (from Amazon). I found that when charging--the phone will freeze, randomly load Google search, and just be all-around sluggish. After a restart it's better for a little while, then go goofy again. Take it off charger or use a regular charger and all is well.

Phone also gets pretty warm but that's probably expected. Oh, and BTW, it charged from 48% to 88% in 30 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior?

leifp1

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Got mine Monday as well. I haven't used it while plugged in yet except to check the power while measuring today. Perhaps the heat is causing the issues and causing the clock to throttle down.

My charge rates over time are below. As expected it gets to 80% pretty quickly then ramps down sharply.

Plugged in to quick charge with 2% indicated
Min % %/m
40 57 1.375
15 77 1.333
5 83 1.2 (+81% in 1 hr)
5 86 .6
5 89 .6
5 91 .4
5 93 .4
10 96 .3

ItsMikeE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
My other half got a Samsung Note 4 the other day. It comes with a "fast charger" (QC not speficied). When I plugged the note into that it came up with a message about fast charging. Tried my M8 and didn't see any message but it may have been a bit faster charging.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I got a Quick Charger today that's using Qualcomm's 2.0 technology (from Amazon). I found that when charging--the phone will freeze, randomly load Google search, and just be all-around sluggish. After a restart it's better for a little while, then go goofy again. Take it off charger or use a regular charger and all is well.

Phone also gets pretty warm but that's probably expected. Oh, and BTW, it charged from 48% to 88% in 30 minutes.

Anyone else experiencing this odd behavior?

Only issue I have is that the touch screen can be a tad wonky...

I have to press the icons 2 or 3 times to get them to activate..

I am using the Getwow(TM) 18W Turbo Adaptive Fast AC Home Wall Travel USB Charger Adapter.

This unit does indicate on the product that it is approved and supports Qualcomm's rapid charge technology.

It's a great unit at a great price and it does rapid charge my device.... I can get a full charge in about an hour from 10%.

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Only issue I have is that the touch screen can be a tad wonky...

I have to press the icons 2 or 3 times to get them to activate..

I am using the Getwow(TM) 18W Turbo Adaptive Fast AC Home Wall Travel USB Charger Adapter.

This unit does indicate on the product that it is approved and supports Qualcomm's rapid charge technology.

It's a great unit at a great price and it does rapid charge my device.... I can get a full charge in about an hour from 10%.

That's the unit I was using. I returned it and got one of HTC's Qualcomm 2.0. It works well but I don't think it charges quite as fast. Haven't done any real analysis though. Qualcomm says 75% faster; HTC says theirs is 40% faster.