Always a HTC owner I wanted to try the iPhone 6 to see what all the hype was about and i can say I honestly don't know why people spend $1000+ on a phone that can only do half the things that a HTC M8 can do. I used the iPhone for about 3 days and it does have some great features like the swipe screen to go back to a previous email or webpage everything works well but the restrictions and lack of flexibility really let the phone down. It's basically just a grid of icons and that's it. A Apple lover said to me the other day I can never leave Apple because when I take a photo it appears on all my devices. Hello how many apps are there that when you take a photo it uploads to the cloud eg I use Onedrive. These Apple lovers are brainwashed.

Anyway I am back on my HTC M8 and couldn't be happier and costs half of what the iPhone 6 does. I can control all my TVs using the remote app, I can download torrents, create widgets, screen gestures, and most of all just plug my phone into a pc and drag and drop, don't need iTunes for every single thing I want to upload.

I love the HTC M8 for its premium metal body finish and HTC Sense clean software look and feel. Let's face it M8 is not perfect but I truly believe it's the best phone on the market and I can't wait to see what the HTC M9 Hima has to offer.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    12-31-2014 10:07 PM
    but the restrictions and lack of flexibility really let the phone down.
    That's why some people buy it. There's nothing to learn. Every iPhone app works exactly the same way every other iPhone app works. There are no decisions to be made. (I'm stopping here, or they'll shut my account off.)

These Apple lovers are brainwashed.
    I didn't say that, you did. (Don't close my account for something he said.)

I don't know if you remember Apple's old ad, "for the rest of us". That meant, "for the technophobes and Luddites". They love the simplicity of iPhones. Android ought to advertise "for the select few". Those of us who don't mind trying a few apps to decide which one does basically the same function, but in the way we prefer.

Thanks for starting my year off with a good laugh. And happy new year. May Calender Claus bring you everything you wished for.
    sam00 likes this.
    12-31-2014 10:37 PM
    The screen swipe back function on iOS didn't offically exist until iOS8, but it was available on the jailbreak-community long time ago, and it was made as a jailbreak-tweak long time ago to overcome the fact that iPhones doesn't has a return-button.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    01-01-2015 08:12 AM
    As an android user of 4 years(last phone was an lg g2) I actually switched to an iphone 6 and couldn't be happier. Not an apple lover by any means, but certainly not brainwashed either. I've come to realize that when it comes to the all the customization etc, I'm over it. No matter how I organized my home screens, I still just needed an icon to press to open an app. That's what I want a smartphone to do, and to do it fast and smooth. lol if you want, but I guess I just got bored with android. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-01-2015 04:58 PM
    The iPhone 6+ 128gb off contract is $1,049 + tax = $1,185 where I live. That is absurd. It'll take a lot more than being bored to part with my hard earned money and go from Android and return to Apple at this point. M9 or Z4 this year when my contract is up. Just my 30,000 cents....saved.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2015 06:38 PM
    01-01-2015 06:40 PM
    As an android user of 4 years(last phone was an lg g2) I actually switched to an iphone 6 and couldn't be happier. Not an apple lover by any means, but certainly not brainwashed either. I've come to realize that when it comes to the all the customization etc, I'm over it. No matter how I organized my home screens, I still just needed an icon to press to open an app. That's what I want a smartphone to do, and to do it fast and smooth. lol if you want, but I guess I just got bored with android. Just my 2 cents.

I definitely get this. It's why I very nearly ended up with an iPhone 6+ and an iPhone 5s instead of the Note 4 and S5 I just got. The thing that made me stay on the android side was that, if I want, I can make my android devices as simple as iPhones. However, now I have the choice. I found that to be the winning factor as I tend to like change when it comes to these things.
    Adanick1 and stkorn97 like this.
    01-01-2015 06:40 PM
    I actually can relate to that. I have an M7. My wife had an iPhone and switched to the M8. When she got it I set it up like mine with all the widgets and custom home screens. She found it to confusing and kept thinking the Gmail widget was the actual mailbox but it is just for viewing. Anyway, long story short. I picked up her iPhone and arranged the icons on the M8 the same way. Now it's familiar to her but she gets the benefit of things like choosing to share photos in whatever program she wants, whereas iPhone there is only 4 options. You get the best of both worlds. You have a choice. Apple doesn't give you a choice.

01-01-2015 06:49 PM
    The screen swipe back function on iOS didn't offically exist until iOS8, but it was available on the jailbreak-community long time ago, and it was made as a jailbreak-tweak long time ago to overcome the fact that iPhones doesn't has a return-button.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    wrong, this has been on the iphone since iphone 5. ios 6.
    01-01-2015 06:55 PM
    The iPhone 6+ 128gb off contract is $1,049 + tax = $1,185 where I live. That is absurd. It'll take a lot more than being bored to part with my hard earned money and go from Android and return to Apple at this point. M9 or Z4 this year when my contract is up. Just my 30,000 cents....saved.

Who said anything about a 128gb 6+. There are cheaper options and no one is trying to convince you to change.

01-01-2015 07:55 PM
    I definitely get this. It's why I very nearly ended up with an iPhone 6+ and an iPhone 5s instead of the Note 4 and S5 I just got. The thing that made me stay on the android side was that, if I want, I can make my android devices as simple as iPhones. However, now I have the choice. I found that to be the winning factor as I tend to like change when it comes to these things.
    This summed it up nicely. I like having the choice. I can make it as simple as a iphone with so little effort. Or I can go with a nicely thought out setup that works great for my tastes that others may not like. The important thing is choice. You can make it overly simple, or overly complicated but the good part is, you make it how YOU want it. Not how a company thinks you want it.
    01-01-2015 08:24 PM
    Who said anything about a 128gb 6+. There are cheaper options and no one is trying to convince you to change.

16GB isn't a valid option in 2014-2015 and jumping from 16GB to 64GB is a nefarious move on their part. They should have had 32GB, 64GB and 128GB options. So given the 16GB is a waste of time (last update I needed to delete 5GB on my 16GB phone just to update). The 64G iPhone 6 is $971.80 all in. The 64G iPhone 6+ is $1,096.10. Oh you're right, much more affordable. Even if I wanted the "cheapest" 16GB iPhone 6 that would cost $847.50. For a 4.7" screen 720P display with 16GB? C'mon now.
    01-02-2015 08:08 AM
    16GB isn't a valid option in 2014-2015 and jumping from 16GB to 64GB is a nefarious move on their part. They should have had 32GB, 64GB and 128GB options. So given the 16GB is a waste of time (last update I needed to delete 5GB on my 16GB phone just to update). The 64G iPhone 6 is $971.80 all in. The 64G iPhone 6+ is $1,096.10. Oh you're right, much more affordable. Even if I wanted the "cheapest" 16GB iPhone 6 that would cost $847.50. For a 4.7" screen 720P display with 16GB? C'mon now.
    16GB is still quite valid for non power users who make up the bulk of android users.
    01-02-2015 09:24 AM
    I personally don't follow or care for Apple, but this has been making the news rounds lately.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/01/2255...got-christmas/
    01-02-2015 01:05 PM
    Everybody has different preferences....I love Android and utilize android so I can not utilize IOS effectively. But I remember when I first started with smartphones I liked android because of its AOSP policy's. I also liked the "live wallpaper feature" Now its 2014 and my entire ecosystem is Google. It just seems to be what you start with is what you prefer.
    01-02-2015 01:10 PM
    16GB is still quite valid for non power users who make up the bulk of android users.
    You don't have to be a power user to find 16GB insufficient. It's really 11-12GB first of all. Once you install a couple games that are 2-3GB each, some music and several dozen apps you quickly run out of space. 32GB should be the minimum for Android or Apple. No need to apologize for any company who still is shipping 16GB at a premium price.
    01-02-2015 01:49 PM
    You don't have to be a power user to find 16GB insufficient. It's really 11-12GB first of all. Once you install a couple games that are 2-3GB each, some music and several dozen apps you quickly run out of space. 32GB should be the minimum for Android or Apple. No need to apologize for any company who still is shipping 16GB at a premium price.
    If you're not a generation Xer or later, like my parents, chances are you're not storing storage hungry games on the phone. My wife gets by just fine with 16GB because she stores what she needs to in the cloud. The reality is that they charge more for more storage on a device. As long as people keep selecting 16GB phones because they cost less the big companies will keep meeting the demand for those less expensive devices. I am not convinced that everyone, or even most people, need 32GB of storage minimum. Those that want to game and download The Sims and Call of Duty on their phones? Okay. Some folks would actually rather have a less expensive device than the increased storage. It's just the reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-02-2015 02:18 PM
    I have a 16 GB Nexus 5 which works fine for me. I do have a couple games that are larger on it but I have under 1 GB of music and pics since I use the cloud for my music for the most part or spotify. My work is all on google drive since the University I work for uses google apps and my personal drive is more than sufficient for my personal documents. I currently have 5.3 GB available on my phone. I use my phone as my mobile computer and only revert to my laptop when I have to which is usually for excel document creation. At any rate, my point is 16 GB is fine for a power user if they use the cloud. But I do agree that as time moves forward the new minimum most likely should be 32 GB.
    01-02-2015 02:49 PM