I currently attempted to download the latest HTC sync manager program, but my phone is reporting that it couldn't open the file. This download was precipitated by the need to get my phone to connect to my laptop via the usb plug-in.
    01-01-2015 03:23 PM
    I currently attempted to download the latest HTC sync manager program, but my phone is reporting that it couldn't open the file. This download was precipitated by the need to get my phone to connect to my laptop via the usb plug-in.
    Hello! Welcome to Android Central! Just for goodness sake, you should have downloaded it from here: HTC Sync Manager Overview | HTC United States

Are you saying that you tried updating your phone from the phone itself, or from on HTC Sync initiated by itself?

If you're having trouble connecting via USB, you'll need to check the following things:

1. Is USB Debugging enabled?
    2. Are you using a compatible USB Cable?
    3. Are you using USB 3.0 or 2.0? 3.0 is known to give lots of errors.
    4. Are you uisng Windows 8 or 7? 8 is known to give USB connection errors.

If you can update me on these things, I can help you even further.

Again, welcome to forums and I hope your first experience is pleasant.
    01-01-2015 03:47 PM
    If you plug your phone into your laptop and your laptop is connected to the internet, it should automatically download the the needed drivers, even without using Sync Manager, then you should be able to open up your phone under My Computer as a hard drive, and drag and drop stuff.
    01-01-2015 03:47 PM
    The phone can't open the HTC Sync Manager - it's a Windows program. You run it on your PC.
    01-01-2015 03:57 PM