Any news about the Lollipop update for M8?

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
So based on previous rumours HTC might push the Lollipop update for M8 on the 3rd of January. Well, I guess it wouldn't harm for different M8 owners to check for updates and get back to us with the result.

Device: HTC M8 Unlocked
Carrier: viva.bh
Android: 4.4.4 KitKat
Update Check: 3rd Jan 2015 (GMT +3)

Sent from my HTC One M8

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I just checked for the update on my factory unlocked M8 here in Ireland. No update available at present.

Checked 09.30 GMT

Posted via the Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
blah. Us forgotten Americans have to wait until our carriers bloat it down with their apps. No, Verizon, I do not want to pay for your navigation service when Google Maps is free (as are plenty of other GPS apps).

Here's hoping you get it, though. Please let us know how Sense is with Lolipop! There's some custom ROMs that are running it, but they're based on the Google Play edition, so no Sense or Sense apps (EPS, etc).

Bill Ob

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Why is HTC leaving us in the dark and in a fairly, or unfairly dissatisfied waiting and guessing game as to when this lollipop update will happen?

Posted by Billob

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Why is HTC leaving us in the dark and in a fairly, or unfairly dissatisfied waiting and guessing game as to when this lollipop update will happen?

Posted by Billob

They aren't, they said that it'll be within 90 days when Lollipop was rolled out.

Posted via the Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

Posted by Billob
And to add on to what whitelunchbag said, that should put the release sometime before February 1st as long as the carriers don't hold things up forever.

Bill Ob

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Just a rumor. I would think htc would do some rumor control. Like a fool I spent all last weekend anticipating an update.

Posted by Billob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech