I'm having issues with the camera function on the M8 in certain apps. For example, I cannot use the mobile apps for either my banks to deposit mobile checks because the camera will not focus on the check images and the pictures are too blurry to be accepted. I also have similar issues when using a couple of different shopping rebate apps (where you have to take pictures of bar codes and/or receipts).

However, there are other apps where I'm not experiencing this issue at all.

So, I'm wondering if there's any fix for this type of issue, or if this is a simple case of certain app developers not catering to the M8 camera.

Any ideas?
    01-06-2015 10:18 AM
    I'm having issues with the camera function on the M8 in certain apps. For example, I cannot use the mobile apps for either my banks to deposit mobile checks because the camera will not focus on the check images and the pictures are too blurry to be accepted. I also have similar issues when using a couple of different shopping rebate apps (where you have to take pictures of bar codes and/or receipts).

However, there are other apps where I'm not experiencing this issue at all.

So, I'm wondering if there's any fix for this type of issue, or if this is a simple case of certain app developers not catering to the M8 camera.

Any ideas?
    My banking app and rebate programs both work with the camera, although I make sure theres plenty of light on the check or receipt. Some times I've had t manually touch the image on the screen to focus.
    01-06-2015 06:34 PM
    I have the same problem and it all started with the most recent ota for it. I am hoping the lollipop update fixes it.

Just like you describe i cannot use my banking app because the picture is always just fuzzy enough to not be able to read the account/routing numbers. Prior to the last update I could use it with my bank and my wife could use it with hers on her m8. We both have the tmobile version of the phone if that means anything.

Anyone else figure out a way to fix this without a factory reset (I have had that suggested but would prefer to skip that for now.
    01-12-2015 10:06 PM