Texting between android and iphone

little_ames

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Right now I have a Samsung Galaxy SII. I Will soon be getting the HTC One M8 when At&t finishes buying out Alltel/setting up towers blah blah whatever they are doing, which is supposed to be by February.

My sister has an iPhone 5 and almost EVERY time we text, we will be in the middle of conversation and I will get a blank text. I will have to get her to screenshot it so I know what she said. It's SOOO ANNOYING. Or I will get two **, which I'm assuming is her sending me an emoji or something. She said I'm the only one she has problems texting. She also said that my texts will come broke up, even when it's not a long message. I want to know if this is going to be a problem with the HTC One M8, because if it is, then I might just have to consider an iPhone because I text my sister A LOT since she lives so far.

Has anyone with an M8 had problems texting people with iphones?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you previously have an iPhone? If so, did you make sure to completely disable iMessage before porting your number to the new phone?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a problem texting with anyone with an iPhone on any of my android phones in a good two or three years. I had problems when I was with sprint and emojis didn't really exist for us and would also get broken up messages. Thinking it might be your carrier. Had the s3 on T-Mobile and it was never a problem. Had the m8 and a million other devices on att last year and no issues. I'm thinking you'll be fine. Good luck!

little_ames

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok, thank you for your reply. I'm thinking that is the issue and I hope it is lol! Honestly I just can't wait to be away from Samsung and Alltel!

Change

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the M8, and my wife has an iPhone. We don't experience any of the problems you described.

The only problem I have, is that iPhone users who reply to SMS messages send it to EVERYONE on the SMS. It's annoying as can be...

ironkhalid

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't have a problem except my friend Has a note 3 or gs5 I forget which but when we're in a group message he doesn't receive my text (comes in blank to him) otherwise no problem.
Idk if it's a Samsung thing or maybe isolated issue or carrier or what,
But no one else has problem with my texts
I'm on verizon m8

chris newsom1

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. I try to group text my kids who all have iphones. They receive the messages but when they respond to the group they go through as imessages and I don't receive them.

Posted via the Android Central App

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Try using handcent with the handcent emojis add on. Its free. Works fine for me when I text with friends who use iphones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair