HTC ONE M8 Hard Bricked Please Help

Ryanchan97

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't paying attention about what I was doing, and now, it seems like my phone will never work again.

I had the liquidsmooth rom, but I wanted flash the ARHD rom, so I flashed the RUU firmware zip file. And now the OS won't boot.

And unfortunately, the recovery I installed earlier did not start, and only a red exclamation triangle appeared.

Now, I have no OS, no recovery, the PC recognized the phone, but adb device not found.

If someone can help me, please.
I really need your help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Check with the M8 forum on XDA (some of those people know the phone better than HTC), but I think you might need a JTAG service (look on eBay) to fix it.

Ryanchan97

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for reply.
I actually fixed it. I typed adb devices, it didn't show anything
But if I type fastboot devices, it showed my device.
Weird.

Thank you anyways.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Its not weird..lol You use fastboot while in the bootloader and adb while in recovery or booted up into the system. The RUU took your phone back to factory stock which installed the stock recovery thats the red exclamation you seen. Whats odd is that it didnt boot thats if you used the correct version RUU.
What was the issue? Always remember that 99% of the time if you can get into the bootloader you will be able to recover.

Daniel Peters1

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
i too am having issues with a bricked htc 0ne m8. We purchased the phone as-is really cheap. its freezes while booting up. i can get into fastboot and recovery just fine. i have been successful in installing ruu files but the ruu file doesn't fix the "boot loop" freeze at startup issue. The device is s-on still which sucks because i can't find a method of achieving s-off in fastboot mode. i was able to unlock the bootloader, hoping that it would help and now the ruu files won't work anyone. now i can't get the bootloader to lock through the method that htcdev.com tells me to use. ive also tried to install update through adb sideload through recovery without success.

so i have a s-on, unlocked bootloader htc m8 that i still can't get it to boot up.

any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2