Bluetooth question

gyuri33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way I can plug my phone into my truck's radio and have it play over the speakers even while my Bluetooth headset is connected to it?
My lumia 822 had no problem with this but my HTC one m8 doesn't seem to be able to figure it out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Plug the earphone jack into the radio's Aux input? Sure. But you have to turn off the media in the Bluetooth setting for the headset or your music will come through the headset. (Evidently your Lumia had only a phone profile in Bluetooth, so media always went to the speakers through the earphone jack.)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If I'm understanding you right, go into the Bluetooth settings and then the settings for the headset. Make sure only the phone audio is selected and not media audio. I also use an M8 and play media to my truck via the AUX cable while also paired to a headset but have no problem with it.

gyuri33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give that a shot. My first smart phone was that lumia so I'm still kinda new to Android.

gyuri33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Found it. Thanks for the help. Coming from Windows phone all these options and settings are pretty incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair